Discuss Faulty plumbing costs £2.5bn... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it saved them £2m in the short term. U got any statistics on how much gas wasted on leaking installs by non GSR?

I know of a couple of leaks on the olympic village before completion that did millions of pounds worth of damage alone. Completed by apparently qualified contractors using crimp fit pipe and fittings.

I know of a couple of leaks on the olympic village before completion that did millions of pounds worth of damage alone. Completed by apparently qualified contractors using crimp fit pipe and fittings.

Did your insurance pay out?

Did your insurance pay out?

Cheeky. Not down to me on this occasion. I have a relative who was responsible for managing elements of the project but yes I am assuming some ones did. Happened more than once too.

Nah don't believe it, how could they possibly estimate

Statistics are a brilliant marketing tool.

Ask 10 people about faulty plumbing.
3 people say they have a problem
Therefore 30% of the poulation have plumbing problems.

NO, 3 people have plumbing problems, the rest haven't been asked.

Same applies to any statistics.

Statistics are a brilliant marketing tool.

Ask 10 people about faulty plumbing.
3 people say they have a problem
Therefore 30% of the poulation have plumbing problems.

NO, 3 people have plumbing problems, the rest haven't been asked.

Same applies to any statistics.

statistics are a great marketing tool because people don't understand them. To make this generalisation they would need a much larger sample

... and how much of the 2.5 billion was down to custs going for cheap rather than qualified and quality?

It's a shame that itv couldn't balance the story.

Just wondering when I will be seeing Push-fit in Poundland/99p stores !
already know what the quality will be like !
( Pay for Quality - or pay twice )

I don't agree that using a qualified plumber is going to save faulty plumbing costs. Qualifications have little or nothing to do with experience or honesty.
Extra work in having to repipe & replace original but shoddy plumbing work, must cost millions over the UK though.
If everyone did plumbing & heating work perfectly & using good materials, then there would be very little work around, I guess.

We have all had customers who say just fix it up for now ?
Problem is they never remember that part of the conversation ?
When I ran a building firm if they wanted a bodge then I would forget to price as the patched up roof in their mind is a new roof .
There is rogue customers out there just as there is rogue traders all I know is that if I do a job then I will do my best to keep it right as hate to go back on anyones work especially my own ?
Have always wished I was rich enough to say to a customer that quibbles about the price tell you what you keep the money as do not need or want yours !

I don't agree that using a qualified plumber is going to save faulty plumbing costs. Qualifications have little or nothing to do with experience or honesty.
Extra work in having to repipe & replace original but shoddy plumbing work, must cost millions over the UK though.
If everyone did plumbing & heating work perfectly & using good materials, then there would be very little work around, I guess.

Agree! The industry is fundamentally flawed. The construction industry developers and particularly legislation is to blame. Our system relies on customers being able to identify quality or likewise inferior work but few consumers have the knowledge of what they should expect or what regulations are expected to be met. Our industry needs to be policed and all construction industry's should have to be licensed. External inspection should be the norm not the exception.

Agree! The industry is fundamentally flawed. The construction industry developers and particularly legislation is to blame. Our system relies on customers being able to identify quality or likewise inferior work but few consumers have the knowledge of what they should expect or what regulations are expected to be met. Our industry needs to be policed and all construction industry's should have to be licensed. External inspection should be the norm not the exception.
Yes in a perfect world that is waht should happen but will it work ?
A bit like Gas Safe it is a business that makes money you report a problem and what do they really do ?
Nothing seems to be the norm until someone is killed then HSE take over and spend tax payers money ?
Yes I am an old cynic but have seen too much over the years to be any other way I am afraid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Faulty plumbing costs £2.5bn... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock