Discuss Failed Isolation Valve to Washer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fordy22

Hi All

I need to move my washer to a new location, but the isolation valve to the washer has failed. It is a tap type and the water still flows. The tap feels loose and seems just to be turning without closing the valve.

Can I just replace this with another valve of the same type? Will the current compression/olive work? Or will I need to cut this off and refit another valve? I'd rather not replace as it is very close to a branch from the feeding pipe and cutting the pipe may not leave enough room to do this.

Thanks

Maybe just the plastic handle that has sheared. Remove he handle and try to turn the valve with some grips. Failing that, if you can get the same style valve again it should fit the nut and olive.

I personally cut off the olive and pull the nut off by using a junior hacksaw till nearly through the olive then a flat screwdriver in the grove to snap it off. Then just fit the new valve with nuts and olives.

If the top is just turning then you maybe able to remove it and use a flat or pair of pliers to turn the valve underneath.

Failing that if it does need replacing then the existing nut and olive maybe ok, but easy to cut the olive off, just cut across it and then insert a small screwdriver and turn and it'll ping off - careful not to damage the pipe though.

Yes a new valve will fit on the existing nut an olive, it's probably just the plastic handle that has broke, you might get lucky and the handle on the new valve will fit

Excellent advice is less than a minute!

Removed the tap and half of it had cracked - and was not turning the valve. Closed manually and water sealed off.

It is in an awkward position so couldn't see the state of the tap without removing - but wouldn't have thought of it being so simple!

Many many thanks!

Welcome.

Re: Hire Professional Plumbers

Any plumbing function towards your business office or dwelling plumbing system must constantly be provided a high priority. If the plumbing operate is not attended on time, even probably the most regular undertaking can quickly grow to be a important issue. Many people contemplate hiring a professional plumber only when a sudden plumbing desperate occurs. Thus, it can be wise to glimpse for any skilled and dependable expert plumber who can restore your problems with no very much hassle.

Well said, I think!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Failed Isolation Valve to Washer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock