Search the forum,

Discuss Estimate. Too high or too low ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, need your opinion on this. quoted for a job a job a few weeks ago and he came back to me to see if I could do a better price. Repriced it but only by 450 quid. Job is to convert old open vent heating and hot water system to a sealed system. Its a 4 story house in Islington. All gear currently in basement and going back there. Gear going in is a Vaillant 438, 50 ltd expansion vessel, Grundfos alpha 2 25 / 80 pump, 300 ltr unvented cylinder, Grundfos 4.5 bar home booster, scale master inhibitor, 28mm magna clean and all relevant parts. I have quoted £6650 inc all materials. Labour is about £1700. Is that about right ?? too cheap ?? too expensive ??

any comments would be great

I'd be looking at £8k starters in Devon and your in London ffs, he has come back as your the cheapest and he is looking to squeeze you.

If somebody comes back to me then i tell them to jog on. The price is the price and if you want to argue over it now, then whats it going to be like getting paid.

anyone coming back to me always gets told that the price is what it is, most times they take it, if they dont whats to worry about, they probably couldnt afford it anyhow

Ask them what they want you to cut.

The quality of the materials? Or the quality of the workmanship? Or perhaps they would be happy with a 30 day warranty?

When they cough at all those suggestions, gently remind them that your price includes top quality materials, outstanding workmanship and a full warranty.

Or just tell them that you don't negotiate with customers they won't negotiate when they need you.

If they have come back to you they are interested! So don't back down, justify your cost.

Tell them you have looked at the price again and you forgot to account for the auto bypass so it will be an increase of £25

£25 qiud. Thats got to add another 475 !! No seriously I thought 7 grand was a fair price and looks like i was right. Thanks for the input guys. Gonna stick to my guns next time. Just as a thought also, how much do you charge for a combi 2 combi swap ?? Labour only

Tell him your rates went up on the first of jan, but you have decided to let him have it at last years price

£25 qiud. Thats got to add another 475 !! No seriously I thought 7 grand was a fair price and looks like i was right. Thanks for the input guys. Gonna stick to my guns next time. Just as a thought also, how much do you charge for a combi 2 combi swap ?? Labour only

Best to join the Arms and ask that question, as customers perform a search on here, two years from now, looking for an estimate for " double combi swap" as an example.
And see an old price given which they mentally set in stone.

eagleeye send a pm to gas man or redsaw with your details and request admission to the private gas forum where prices can be discussed openly.

Stick to the quote... You will regret it if the job starts & it's a nightmare! Sounds a fair price, if not too cheap!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Estimate. Too high or too low ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock