Discuss Estimate. Too high or too low ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, need your opinion on this. quoted for a job a job a few weeks ago and he came back to me to see if I could do a better price. Repriced it but only by 450 quid. Job is to convert old open vent heating and hot water system to a sealed system. Its a 4 story house in Islington. All gear currently in basement and going back there. Gear going in is a Vaillant 438, 50 ltd expansion vessel, Grundfos alpha 2 25 / 80 pump, 300 ltr unvented cylinder, Grundfos 4.5 bar home booster, scale master inhibitor, 28mm magna clean and all relevant parts. I have quoted £6650 inc all materials. Labour is about £1700. Is that about right ?? too cheap ?? too expensive ??

any comments would be great

I'd be looking at £8k starters in Devon and your in London ffs, he has come back as your the cheapest and he is looking to squeeze you.

If somebody comes back to me then i tell them to jog on. The price is the price and if you want to argue over it now, then whats it going to be like getting paid.

anyone coming back to me always gets told that the price is what it is, most times they take it, if they dont whats to worry about, they probably couldnt afford it anyhow

Ask them what they want you to cut.

The quality of the materials? Or the quality of the workmanship? Or perhaps they would be happy with a 30 day warranty?

When they cough at all those suggestions, gently remind them that your price includes top quality materials, outstanding workmanship and a full warranty.

Or just tell them that you don't negotiate with customers they won't negotiate when they need you.

If they have come back to you they are interested! So don't back down, justify your cost.

Tell them you have looked at the price again and you forgot to account for the auto bypass so it will be an increase of £25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Estimate. Too high or too low ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back