Discuss End feed fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

furryneddy

Hi all - been working with copper a lot recently how is it that before fluxing fittings and pipe fit together really well but as soon as their fluxed they "weld" themselves together, some won't even fit back after and won't sit back in the fitting is there anything that can be done to stop this - maybe different flux ? I have been using the stuff in the yellow pot "powerflux" any advice would be appreciated.

powerflux is a sod for that. I use la co and don't find it a problem apart from your hands turn green.

I use La Co,but if I forget to wash my hands before bed,it's not just my hands that turn green!Good lubricant though,fittings go on a treat.

i used to use powerflux, now i use a white container with a green lid. Couldn't tell you the name of it but its good stuff anyway i dont have green fingers lol never used a flux brush in ma life

I use La Co,but if I forget to wash my hands before bed,it's not just my hands that turn green!Good lubricant though,fittings go on a treat.
Ok thank's will look out for La Co - had a bad experience with red chiles once from not washing hand's - missus wasn't too pleased either :-0

ohh was it the birds eye chillies ? she must of been angry then haha

had them once on a dominos pizza, never again !!!!

Frys Fluxite for new copper, La Co for old work are my choices.

years ago i used to mix a non self cleaning flux into my powerflow about 40/60 mix and it worked great and helped stop the powerflow gripping on the fittings. Powerflow is great, best not to put to much on to help the fittingd go on easier, also its tends to be worse in the summer then the winter??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to End feed fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock