Search the forum,

Discuss Electric shower issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi Friends

I've been asked to look at a non working elec shower.

Apparently from what I understand from the tenant, English no good, it was working & now nothing, no water, not even cold.

I'm no expert in fixing these, tbh I've only swapped 3 like for like.

Is there a guide anyone can point me too that's good for fault finding?

It is worth fixing them when they're not that expensive?

Any views?

Cheers

Rct

Swap it for new, there not worth the time spent changing parts.

You can get ones that are reversible cold and electric feeds, suitable for pretty much any swap. There cheap enough as well.

99 % of the time I will replace them. Just check its got juice to it and its not a broken switch or tripped MCB.

Check it has 240V (or 230V if you prefer) Make sue you use a multi meter and not an electricians screwdriver. Does isolation switch have a neon? Does it stay illuminated when the shower is switched on? If it goes out isolation switch needs replacing. If you have 240V then it is likely to be solenoid which can be easy and cheap to change depends on the shower. You can check the resistance of the solenoid coil. If these are all ok then probably best to replace the shower with new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Electric shower issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock