Search the forum,

Discuss Efficient way to heat radiators and unvented cylinder in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a gas boiler heating radiators and also heating an unvented cylinder.

I have a Honeywell programmer which has the water heating up 1.5 hours early morning 30 mins midday and 2 hours evening

The heating is on a couple of times a day.

With the energy prices I am wanted to ask if hearing the water and hearing the radiators at the same time would save money or if would still use as much energy as running separately?

Thank you

Unlikely to make any difference. If you really want to be sure, use a pipe thermometer to measure the temperature of the the return to the boiler in each mode. Choose the mode that gives the lower return temperature.

Nope as you still require the same amount of power to heat both

Reply to Efficient way to heat radiators and unvented cylinder in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock