Discuss dripping tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennie

Gas Engineer
Hi all,
I'm off to mend a dripping kitchen tap later this week (can't believe I've still got questions for taps).
But anyway...
1. Would you automatically change washers on both hot and cold tap? (I assume it's a mixer tap). Or just the dodgy washer - in which case, is it more likely to be the hot side that needs a new washer? Or is the cold/hot likelihood pretty much equal?
2. Always add a bit of silicon grease to the spindle?
3. Would you automatically re-seat the bottom of the valve? Or feel how worn it is first?
Thanks again for your advice,
Jennie

so you don't know what tap it is? age etc??
first port of call surely has to be to check,
what if its a 1/4 turn ceramic cartridge replacement needed???

I'm with Simon, depends on the type of tap, age, condition etc. if they're that old sometimes I just recommend replacing the whole unit, particularly if the valves don't want to come out of the body, there's that much lime scale it looks like its been at the bottom of the sea for 5 years and its just a manky mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to dripping tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock