Discuss DIY Project To Zone My House in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Richard at Home

Good evening and a happy new year to you all

I welcome any comments and feedback to my project I am looking at starting in 2013

now I know all this sort of thing can be done with many of the costly out of the box solutions that probably cost more than the boiler itself

What I am looking at doing is to create a heating system that has at least 3 Zones

I believe I could do this with some changes to the main Pipe work and 3 motorised zone valves and an additional time clock

Reason for project

During the day one member of my family is at home and requires heating to be on for 4 rads in part of the house.

Currently I am heating all the house all day when only part of the house needs to be heated

My daughter-in-law is also at home some times when not at Uni and may need her front room heating.

Now my logic is to have the secondary time clock switching the water flow between parts of the house during the day and in the evenings opening all valves to heat the complete house

Now I know this could also be done with the new wireless digital TVRs but this expense would be significant

I will add to this post as the project develops

If you have any questions or would like to bounce ideas or comments please reply and this may become an interesting post.

Thank you for your time

Best regards

Richard

This is more of a pob cast of in the life of rich! he's not asking for help just saying wot he's doing right or wrong when this froum is about sharing info and asking for help! I might be wrong but your on the wrong web site you should be putting your own podcast on your own web site

IMG_8545 - Copy.jpgIMG_8662 - Copy.jpgIMG_8663 - Copy.jpg

Some pictures of my plastic pipe work in the bathroom and kitchen sink

Hope you carried out a full pressure test on all the plastic 15mm to ensure the manufacturers warranty is applicable in the future.

Sorry richard but that pipework is unbelievably rough!!!
That basin waste is sooo high! U wont be able to box that in!!
I wouldnt have any of that in my house.

Sorry just saying what everyone is thinking...

Least you've put a batten underneath the bath for support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to DIY Project To Zone My House in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back