Currently reading:
Deck mounted shower....help please.

Discuss Deck mounted shower....help please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daztheoneclaw

Hi, i am currently refurbing our bathroom and will be installing a new bath with centrally mounted 'traditional' taps set. However we would also like a deck mounted shower handset. I know that normally these would be rigged up to a 4 / 5 hole set etc. but is there a way to use one with 'normal' taps, ie taps that are not linked to the handset? I was thinking a couple of descrete deck mounted valves that would feed the handset. Possible or not??

Even if the question made sense, I'm sure I still wouldn't understand it.

I am refurbishing our bathroom. I am installing a new bath and will be using 'normal' taps that are mounted on the bath in the time honoured tradition. ie. on the edge of the bath. I also want a concealed, deck mounted 'follow me' shower. Because i want the shower hose to be concealed i do not want to buy a tap set that allows you to screw the hose to it and divert the water to the shower head. Thus having the shower hose constantly on show.

The 'follow me' shower kits that i have seen have been either part of a 4 or 5 hole tap set or just a hose / handset on its own.

Will a couple of deck mounted valves allow me to use a deck mounted shower kit? Does anybody know of a stand alone deck mounted concealed shower that is available.

I'm still none the wiser WTF is a "follow me" shower?

Am i genuinly talking bollox here?? A follow me shower, deck mounted handset, wash away shower etc etc.........................a stand alone shower handset that is mounted on the deck of the bath and the hose is concealed under the bath. You can purchase them seperately or as part of a 4 / 5 hole kit that has the hot / cold tap, diverter valve and bath spout. I want to purchase separately and have it operate with its own independant water supply. How do i get water to it at the correct pressure.

Potentially possible but you'll need very good pressure to overcome the double check valves that will be required to comply with the water regulations. Also highly likely to be a problem due to leakage through the hole the hose emerges through.

FOLLOW-ME-SHOWER-HANDSET-AND-HOSE.jpg.........

You're talking sense.
I installed one of the deck mount shower hoses. Bought mine from Bathstore but at £100 its quite expensive. There are several available via google from £25.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Deck mounted shower....help please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock