Discuss Courses in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millsy 82

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have been informed that in the next month or 2 I will be getting some inheritance through with a rough idea of how much I will get (around 12.5K) now my plan is save 10k and spend 2.5k on training as even if I end up going employed again it will be another string to my bow.

What I need to do

1) My lpg is up soon so I need to do that again with another couple of add ons (LAV and closed fires) not sure if I need anything else for working on mobile homes I am looking into that over the next week.

2) I need my unvented as I have always passed it on to other people in the company I have worked for but now I work for my self I will be turning jobs away.

Now is the choice and I have worked out I have probably got around £1800 to spend.

1) Do I start heading commercial.
(Pro's I can charge more for commercial, There is quite often commercial jobs availible in my area if ever I want to go employed again. Cons working for companies means waiting longer for payments and more expensive parts means a big strain on cash flow, their are quite a few a companies offering it around here so more competition)

2) Do I head for renewables as around me there is lots of places without mains gas so its all LPG, Oil, AHSP etc
So I would be looking at doing AHSP and solar hot water
So do you need qualifications for AHSP (is that what F-gas is) and also do I need qualifications for solar hot water, Also does anybody know of anywhere good training centers to go preferably in Cornwall, Somerset, Gloucestershire or Worcestershire

I'd save five and goto Vegas with the other five. Then spend rest on training

I was going to throw 10 away (it's the start of a deposit for a house) do the courses I need to do then blow the rest on kayaks/ surf boards and mountain bikes.

But the sensible side of me says I can spend it on bettering myself and maybe over the next couple of years I can build up my collection of toys. It's not like I need a brand new sea kayak for £1100 when I could buy a decent 2nd hand one for 500-700.

So does anyone know what qualifications I need? If I have to join a governing body for ahsp and solar hot water? So I can start looking into how much it will cost.

If your going to dothe renewables and offer the RHI then you will need to be MCS registered and have the relevant units needed and all the rubbish that goes with it.(there are loads of threads about that). If you look to install biomass OVER 45Kw then you dont need any qualifications or memberships or anything (for now!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Courses in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Currently undergoing my level 2, hoping to get finished in the next few weeks. Looking to gain some experience, if anyone needs a mate...
Replies
Views
I'm at the stage of my shower replacement where I have a new shower head to screw into the wall pipes. I tried it, turned on the shower, and find...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all I'm a limited company that's been running for 12 years and I have a lot of ongoing work, 99% commercial, and a lot of it plumbing, in...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all, Happy new year! Hope this is OK in this part of the forum. Been a plumber for about 12 years now, mostly commercial stuff with some...
Replies
Views
My name is Chanel i’m 19 years old i’ve just finished my level 2 plumbing course and i’m looking for an apprenticeship or someone who could take...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock