Search the forum,

Discuss Cooker Gas Connection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PlumbGeoff

I'm having a new range installed in a few weeks and aga say that the gas supply needs to terminate with a bayonet for them to perform the installation.

Should I get an RGI to visit first and sort out the pipe work, then the aga guy can install the range, connect the gas, electrics, test and commission?

Any reason I would need to do it the other way round and have the RGI test and commission after the range is delivered?

gas2.jpg

D'ont think you should leave an open ended bayonet connection,pipework should be plugged.

Yes you will need to get an rgi to alter your cooker point before they come to install it, whoever installs your range will commission it as well

If you are getting a aga range fitted,gas pipe work sizing should also be checked as may be undersized if you only have a hob or small cooker at the moment

As said get in a gsr ,with cooker registration,give him the details of the range you are having installed and he will get the installation ready correctly and safely for your new posh range

D'ont think you should leave an open ended bayonet connection,pipework should be plugged.

there has been as much written about this as should enable us all to know a properly fitted, gas tight bayonet is an acceptable termination point

there has been as much written about this as should enable us all to know a properly fitted, gas tight bayonet is an acceptable termination point

Do not want to get into it again but thought we had agreed to disagree ?

As in when's a cooker Point not a cooker point

I've got pdf reader app. I download the PDFs to my PC and transfer them across. It's got a browser built in but I've not tried it yet.

It's all in TB 025

[DLMURL]http://www.hse.gov.uk/gas/landlords/1-april-2009-tb-025-contractor-responsibilities-when-disconnecting-and-reconnecting-gas-cooking-appliances.pdf[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got pdf reader app. I download the PDFs to my PC and transfer them across. It's got a browser built in but I've not tried it yet.

Can't open them on mine, I've tried to open them with ibooks an good reader but I just get an error :(

[DLMURL]http://www.hse.gov.uk/gas/landlords/1-april-2009-tb-025-contractor-responsibilities-when-disconnecting-and-reconnecting-gas-cooking-appliances.pdf[/DLMURL]

That opened fine through Tapatalk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited by a moderator:
I can open puddles link I just cant open the tb's off gs i get this error box ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335041937.668464.jpg

Mine works sweet, have you got the the updated operating system installed? It came out a few months back, mines been a lot faster since and opens up anything really

Just tried an update and it said Ive got the latest software (5.1) I'll nip in apple shop moz

ive just checked my iphone and it opens no bother on taptalk, (and i read it and can confirn you can use a properly fitted bayonet as a point of termination)

I have asked in several parts shops for a Bayonet cap and no-one has them. can anyone give me a link to a seller on or off line please?
cheers

how much are you being charged to have the applaince fitted? it may be cheaper to have it installed by the engineer who alters your pipework?

either way the engineer you get to alter your pipework may need to see the instructions for the new cooker to make sure the pipework is both correctly sized and positioned.

This is how it looks now. He said it's not recommended to connect up the existing gas hob with a flexible hose as they are meant to be fixed pipe so I will do without a hob until the range arrives (only a week to go).

Do I need a certificate for the gas pipe work?

Attachments

• bayonet.jpg
    bayonet.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 37
are you having a floor standing range aga if so they are rigid piped without a hose,good luck if you can pull an aga over

No, it isn't rigid piped. AGA specifically stated that a bayonet with a flexible hose is required.

I don't intend to attempt to pull the range anywhere, I'll leave it to the delivery men. I assume they will lower the rollers so no luck will be required to pull it over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cooker Gas Connection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock