Discuss Compression Fitting and BSP in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steveal

I want to connect two 1/2" BSP flexible tap tails (cold water feed and side rinse) to a 15mm copper pipe.
I notice that when I remove the nut and olive from a 15mm equal tee, the tap tails fit perfectly (with their rubber washers) to the tee.
Is it, therefore, unnecessary to use 15mm x 1/2" connectors?

you can, but the ends of the tap tails with the rubber washers and 1/2" bsp threads is to ensure compliance with wras. you are supposed to screw them as you describe but onto isolation valves.

your better off using 15mm male iron straits i have seen a few diy attempts fail because the cone side of a compression fitting cuts into the rubber washer

alternativly file the tee flat :) so there is no cone to cut into the washer

alternativly file the tee flat :) so there is no cone to cut into the washer

If the house floods they won't be insured if it's found to be the fault. Because the fitting has been modified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well i havnt flooded a house yet by filing a fitting, altho i have found leaks where people have connected these flexible taps to ballafix valves or onto 15mm compression fittings, due to the cone cutting into the washer, tbh i try not to every use then, i believe they are a lazy option and look untidy, would much rather bend up a bit of copper with a tap connector :)

Thanks for the replies. Some comments:

The existing pipe work does include isolation valves (a short piece of 15mm copper away from the current 15mm x 1/2" connectors).
I spotted the possibility of using an equal tee, because the new taps are supplied with a NRV. The NRV is a short brass item with identical threads on both sides - one side for connection to the 1/2" bsp tail; the other supplied with olive and nut to connect to the 15mm copper.
I'll check the condition of the cone area and make sure it's flat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Compression Fitting and BSP in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock