Search the forum,

Discuss commercial installation volumes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mike_s

I plan to do my domestic to commercial catering changeover soon as I have done a few jobs for a small hotel who are good customers and want me to do their gas safety check if I get the qualifications, I have turned down other catering work in the past too.

So I plan to do comcat 1 and 3 or comcata (1 and 3 combined) which would cover the appliances they have.
They have a u16 meter. Are these the correct volumes per meter? So if I divide 0.035 by 0.00084 that means a max of 41.6 meters of 35mm pipe before I would need tpcp1a (testing and purging up to 1 cubic meter and 6 inch diamater). Also if the pipework is bigger than 35mm do I also need the tpcp1a? How likely is this in small hotels/b and b's, pubs and restaurants?
35 mm 0.00084
28 mm 0.00054
22 mm 0.00032
15 mm 0.00014

Last edited by a moderator:
mike ive did them last year for same reason , i havent done the test & purge yet thats later. but if it has an ecv you can still work on it as your not interupting the supply

cheers, for their gas safety certificate though where I need to test the whole property, if there is any pipe at all bigger than 35mm do I need the testing and purging qualification do to do a tightness test?
Someone at gas safe advised me that most commercial kitchens have 2 inch steel gas pipe running around them, branched off in copper with isolation valves. The main customer I have is just 28mm copper but I'm thinking for other customers if I advertise commercial catering and take on gas safety checks for them.

for what it costs id be tempted to do it and have yourself covered , only reason i didnt is i was choca at work and was overbooked so couldnt have more time. off got my past p week after this un then probably go back for tnp in may/june

yea, just been through viper and I'd forgot about the meter volumes before, so it works out with domestic I can work on installations with a u16 meter of around 30 meters of 35mm copper or 10 meters of inch and a quarter steel.
The definite customer I have I'm covered for the testing under ige/up/1b but as I'm also busy with work and it is a lot to have off in one go then I may do the testing at a later date if I come across properties where I'll need it.

booked my changeover at blackburn college with comcat 1 and 3 for £460 with no vat including training! everywhere else wanted over 600 quid. Apparently the installation volume and pipework usually are around 28mm with u16 meters in most small restaurants so not doing the testing and purging quals until I need them. Look forward to finding some more work in commercial catering!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to commercial installation volumes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock