Search the forum,

Discuss Combi Boiler Internal Timer Replacement With Hive in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

My son has just got his first flat and want to install "Hive" heating control. I've done this a couple of time with an external controllers but the fact the wirings all internal has made me wary of doing it my self.

I want to know if I should take wiring from the back of the mechanical timer or just wire into the thermostat and put the mechanical timer to permanently on? The second is much easier now or if it ever needs removing even if it could be an issue if anyone turns the timer to off.

So it does look like the timer is wired, so you could use the wires from that providing they’re suitable. However, removing the cover on this boiler forms part of the combustion circuit and needs to be checked for safety afterwards.

So it does look like the timer is wired, so you could use the wires from that providing they’re suitable. However, removing the cover on this boiler forms part of the combustion circuit and needs to be checked for safety afterwards.
Not looked at the electrical connections connection properly yet but can I just do it using put the clock to on all the time and use the thermostat connections on the hive or will that cause issues with the electronics been permanently on?

Reply to Combi Boiler Internal Timer Replacement With Hive in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock