Discuss close coupled toilets in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

does anyone know of a close couple toilet that will fit without using a piece of 3 x 3 behind the cistern even with the ?- pan connector. i have come across a few low level wcs where the customer wants a close couple wc but the outlet is about 2-5" from the wall in a concret floor.the cheap bog in a box is the worse the outlet spigot is to short and the wc base tapers back to much.

ant

If youv'd tryed the ? pan con, then thats probably it, is it replaceing an old s trap pan, where the ceramic goes straight down into the floor. they could go for a back to wall with a concealed cistern in a vanity unit, move soil pipe (not recomended as if its clay you will need to go back far enough to find a straight section of pipe) or live with batten behind cistern, tell customer it make a handy shelf to put her potpourie on!!! we all need on of those!!

If youv'd tryed the ? pan con, then thats probably it, is it replaceing an old s trap pan, where the ceramic goes straight down into the floor. they could go for a back to wall with a concealed cistern in a vanity unit, move soil pipe (not recomended as if its clay you will need to go back far enough to find a straight section of pipe) or live with batten behind cistern, tell customer it make a handy shelf to put her potpourie on!!! we all need on of those!!

yes its replacing the old s pan and clay pipe she will have to live live with the wood . i even sugested a low level with chrome flush pipe but the price put her off so 2x2 it will be.

Why not put a basic low level with plastic flush pipe (eg the Armitage Sandringam) with cistern and bits comes to under ÂŁ100

does anyone know of a close couple toilet that will fit without using a piece of 3 x 3 behind the cistern even with the ?- pan connector. i have come across a few low level wcs where the customer wants a close couple wc but the outlet is about 2-5" from the wall in a concret floor.the cheap bog in a box is the worse the outlet spigot is to short and the wc base tapers back to much.

ant

Back to wall bogs generally have the spigot further forward, this should allow the use of one of them extreme swan neck pan connectors, its a case of measuring up really. I have seen it done but i aint done one meself.

Did one last year with the pipe out of the floor. Such a pain I said never again!

I tell the cust that it will need a 'spacer' behind the cistern or a bit of a stud wall (2 x 1 slaters lathe and a base board) and tiled. It's spacer 99 times out of a 100. I generally use a bit of timber and then a strip of upvc trim over the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to close coupled toilets in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock