Currently reading:
Cistern not filling up, please help

Discuss Cistern not filling up, please help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

octavia

Hi,

I have just installed a Multikwik wall hung frame with concealed cistern. Everything seems to be okay but the cistern is not refilling with water when flushed.

I've tried everything but can't figure it out. Does anyone know what it could be?

Much appreciate any help or comments!

You turned the internal valve on / has there been water in the tank ??

Thanks for your response. The valve is on and there has been water in the tank. It filled up perfectly to the 3 litre mark the first time, once I turned the water back on. Then I flushed it and it didn't fill back up again.

As rpm said can you move the float up and down (not stuck at top) ?

Thanks for your response. I don't think the float is stuck as it filled the first time.

Any chance you could check ? As somtimes it's the simple things if it's free could be a blockage in the float valve

Thank you very much ShaunCorbs for your help! Will be going over to the property later this afternoon so I will check then.

Don't forget rpm as well :)

Are you sure that the main water supply is ON, is cistern connected to mains water or fed from roof tank, if tank fed ball valve in roof tank may be stuck and tank is empty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cistern not filling up, please help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back