Discuss checking for resitance and voltage in combination boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ej-ay

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi Dudes...how are you doing hope you are all well?... Got a question for anyone who knows the answer to it....I want to know how to check the resistance and voltage of all the electrical points in the boilers, to know when they functioning properly and also when they not...ive got my multi meter ready to go....but not prepared to launch without safety precaution...So I Would appreciate all your advices:sunny: thanks

Hi mikegas, I intend to when ive saved up, but before then i can carry out some basic stuff so please any more advive

Voltage tests carried out with power on.
Resistance and continuity checks carried out with power off.
As mike has suggested get on a course, or try the combination boiler fault finding book by John Reginald.
Mr Combi not a bad dvd as a starting point.

Graham

Hi Dudes...how are you doing hope you are all well?... Got a question for anyone who knows the answer to it....I want to know how to check the resistance and voltage of all the electrical points in the boilers, to know when they functioning properly and also when they not...ive got my multi meter ready to go....but not prepared to launch without safety precaution...So I Would appreciate all your advices:sunny: thanks

Every boiler will have different resistance and voltage measurements for each component. It is impossible to generalise for all boilers.

Some modern boilers have a diagnostic mode which can indicate (on a display or using LEDs) if a particular component isn't operating correctly.

You should try and obtain the service manual for the boiler you will be working on.

Is this a DIY job, are you competent enough to work on boilers?

Last edited by a moderator:
didnt really electrical testing at college so annoying...:angry_smile: learning as we go along...almost as if they wanted us to learn the very basic and get us through the course as quick as they can...but advice taken...No its not DIY job, just wanting to know...so i can have hands on experience with my boiler before i get out there...qualified couple of weeks ago...looks i have to take a seperate course to deal with the electrics on boiler...:computer:

Try and obtain the service manual for your boiler. Although it may not have specific voltage and resistance values to measure, it should give you some information on how to run diagnostic checks and ensure all components are operating correctly.

What is the make and model of the boiler?

mr combi is a great dvd it helps, i was taught it at college but quickly forgot all about it since i wasnt doing it out in the real world, mr combi dvd helped me lots just watched it a few times and read all the training stuff that came with it and now its second nature.

although i may add i dont know how to do these checks on the new worcester range as the connections i cant get my leads to touch the bare wire, anyone got any tips ?

they give you a card when you go on one of their courses
pcb-test-harness_8c3e8f6d6280f4d5363ddaa5b7222d4e.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to checking for resitance and voltage in combination boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock