Discuss Changeing stoptap heads in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

billybongo

Hello all , forgive me if this has been discussed before but .... one job i hate doing is changeing / repairing brass stopcocks on the incoming water main that are fed by the blue plastic main .
Primarily they come in under sinks in a nice awkward spot and they dangle around with the stopcock on the end .
Yes i know you can get grips on the plastic to hold while you hold your breath waiting for the stopcock head to give ,
but just wondered if you guys had come up with any other ways of tackling this job .
Cheers
Mark

Well, you could isolate from the outside stop tap, then remove the whole tap and work on it in comfort, before refitting.

True , but to be honest i am not a great lover of dismantleing plastic fittings they always seem to play up , but i do agree its an option . thanks Mark

yep change the whole lot,
I tend to use lever arms rather than stop taps, the customers love the ease in the way they work and how easy they are to turn off in a panic.

levers are not designed to be adjustable tho. so best fit one after a stop tap imo.

If the customer wants, you could fit a stopcock & then a lever valve above it if there is room.

i'd rather change a stopcock in an awkward place on mdpe than copper because there's usually some play in the pipe for a-wigglings and a-jigglings.

Watertight thats what I worry about the wrigling and jigling , on this subject I guess the only pluses for stopccock
Is that you can put water on slower. Cheers mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Changeing stoptap heads in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock