Search the forum,

Discuss central heating inhibitor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjl

hi
we have had a new combi boiler and some extra rads fitted last week. the installer has fitted magna clean micro 2 and has stated he has filled it with MC1 protector. We had small leak on system so have had to top u system several times since but we have found leak now and fixed it. while bleeding the rad i kept the water and put nail in and a couple of days later has started rusting does this he has not put the protector in ?.Is there another way to test measure PH ??. would the topping up of system have weakened the strength of protector ??

If you have had a leak and been topping up then its all gone , you need to replace with good quality inhibitor like Fernox F1 cheep ones will not give you same protection, Test kits are available.

Add more inhibitor, easily done into the filter & its peace of mind then

ok thanks wouldnt i have to to lose lot of water for it to become that diluted. am i best sticking with MC1 as there is some already in system

Depending on the size of your system and how much you have lost , i am supprised if its diluted away . Put some x 100 in it . As long as its not a viessmann boiler ( non required )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to central heating inhibitor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock