Search the forum,

Discuss CDI30 installation questions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Donteus

Hi All

this is my first post, so please be gentle!

my heating system was a glowworm boiler, set up with I think and s plan system (HW and Rad return via pump, single pipe from boiler to 2 valves for control) filled through a loft tank, into the return HW side. vented tank.
main reason for replacement is that the boiler is currently in the kids bedroom, and I was given a WB system boiler (CDI30) by a builder friend.
so, I am currently tying myself in knots as to whether or not I am doing this all correctly. (can't afford a plumber, hence why I am doing it all)

I have connected the feed and return from the CDI30 onto the existing feed points of the central heating system, also added in a mag filter.
I have an internal diverter valve fitted, so I have connected the hot water feed and return into the old tank circuit. (this is the vented tank, and also where the system fills from the loft tank.) I will run the temp probe to the tank today as well.

so, the questions:
does all this sound correct so far?
have I missed off a feed into the radiators? how will they fill with water? (the old system fed both through the joined pipes)
do I need to tee off the loft tank feed into the heating return pipe?
will I ever finish this job?

has given me a certain amount of respect for the crap plumbers go through when doing this kind of thing!!

any and all help appreciated.

Andy

Who hung the boiler on the wall?
who's doing the flue?
who's doing the gas?
who do you expect to commission it?

As above you need to be gas safe to hang the boiler and install the flue and do size and install the gas line

I hung the boiler.
flu and all gas stuff will be a GS plumber, when I get to that point. I am aware of all the gas safe stuff, and that will all be taken care of professionally.
the system will be serviced by WB before it is all used in anger.

I think you know what way this is going, don't you?

As Shaun says, the boiler has to be hung by a GSR. He or she will be signing off the physical stability of the appliance.

There's nothing wrong with you running the pipework up to the vicinity of the boiler though.

ok, so without sounding too childish, I am unlikely to get any advice on plumbing from a plumbing forum, but I am very likely to get a lecture on gas safety?

I am aware of the gas stuff, and how everybody in the forums likes to jump on that. obviously people die, rules are there for a reason, gas safe people are competent etc etc etc. hence why I said I will be getting the work carried out professionally, because I do care about the safety of my family.

now, would it be preferable for me to come on this site, and simply lie that it had all already been done by a GS engineer? would that have eased everybody's conscience that I hung a boiler on the wall 2 years ago?

obviously I would appreciate some advice on the plumbing / filling / venting side of things please. if everybody just wants to hang me over gas safety, then we should just call it quits, and I will delete this post.

As you have hung the boiler how do you know the terminal of the flue is going to be legal yes I know you haven't done the flue system but unless your going to have it on show eg not straight through the back ????

Also please read the rules as unless your gas safe this forum will not give advice relating to boilers

Last edited:
ok, so without sounding too childish, I am unlikely to get any advice on plumbing from a plumbing forum, but I am very likely to get a lecture on gas safety?

You will get 100% help with plumbing however the gas side is restricted by law of the land therefore little we can do. As croppie said there is only so much help the guy`s can offer, really hope you can understand this.

I have not asked anything about the gas side, or the boiler side, I asked about the plumbing side of things?

I am asking about the connection, filling and venting of the system, I simply gave information about the boiler so that no one then asked what boiler it was or did it have a diverter valve fitted?

I have not asked anything about the gas side, or the boiler side, I asked about the plumbing side of things?

I am asking about the connection, filling and venting of the system, I simply gave information about the boiler so that no one then asked what boiler it was or did it have a diverter valve fitted?

Have you opened the case / taken the cover off or have you fitted the diverter kit as this is classed as you need to be gas safe

Have you opened the case / taken the cover off or have you fitted the diverter kit as this is classed as you need to be gas safe

Post #4
"I`ve hung the boiler", why? because no gsr will sign it off without re hanging it - Yes?

Think I'll close it now because I'm off out later.

Forum rules are clear to see.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to CDI30 installation questions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock