Discuss Capriz Monza 24 kW £379 plus Vat inc Flue and Mech Timer at Selco in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mickyplumb

Fitted a couple of these for a local landlord (who want's to pay the least amount of money).

Actually a very fine boiler for the price

£379 plus VAT inc flue and built in time clock

Anyone else tried one ?

Mick

We used to sell them. At one point the Heatline Capriz and Glowworm Betacom were identical, and I think that the Heatline factory still makes some entry level stuff for Glowworm.

They are made by DemirDokum, a turkish subsidiary of Vaillant gmbh (the parent of Vaillant UK).

They have made lots of models over the years that varied from "well, what do you expect at that price" up to "hey, thats really quite a nice boiler!"

We dropped them when they changed their technical number to a premium rate "09" number, as we thought it was incompatible with our "trade" policy, and made it clear that the brand was targetting a sector of the market with which we didn't want to be associated.

However, DemirDokum are a sound manufacturer -the Heatline radiator is excellent. But as the UK official importer of the radiator, I would say that, wouldn't I? :)

We used to sell them. At one point the Heatline Capriz and Glowworm Betacom were identical, and I think that the Heatline factory still makes some entry level stuff for Glowworm.

They are made by DemirDokum, a turkish subsidiary of Vaillant gmbh (the parent of Vaillant UK).

They have made lots of models over the years that varied from "well, what do you expect at that price" up to "hey, thats really quite a nice boiler!"

We dropped them when they changed their technical number to a premium rate "09" number, as we thought it was incompatible with our "trade" policy, and made it clear that the brand was targetting a sector of the market with which we didn't want to be associated.

However, DemirDokum are a sound manufacturer -the Heatline radiator is excellent. But as the UK official importer of the radiator, I would say that, wouldn't I? :)

Good answer Ray.

Out of curiosity, do you sell the UV Gold cylinders ?

yet the heatline spares were a heap more than the betacoms?

Uneconomical to repair.

and a pile of poo....

No. Mostly RM Stelflow, but also Megaflo, Main, Vaillant and Worcester

That's good selection.

The UV Gold are actually a pretty good cylinder but the company that supply the immersions and stats for them, terrible. Forever going wrong, overheating an locking out. Last one I went to fix, the cable had pulled out of the stat. But, to my amazement, there was no clamp for the cable anyway !

Seems good info there, when will landlords realise the "buy cheap, buy twice" saying is usually true
If a landlord is hell bent on cheap as chips, then I explain once that it wouldn't be the boiler of my choice, then install it, pick up my money, and go on my way........ until the call comes (usually after warranty expires) to say its packed up, so do the repair, pick up my money etc etc
Don't know why we complain really, keeps us earning

That's good selection.

The UV Gold are actually a pretty good cylinder but the company that supply the immersions and stats for them, terrible. Forever going wrong, overheating an locking out. Last one I went to fix, the cable had pulled out of the stat. But, to my amazement, there was no clamp for the cable anyway !

I have a soft spot for RM, because we have been buying cylinders of Richard Marsden for 20+ years - back when he owned Copperform, Castle, Thistle and eventually Range.

I also like the fact that they are made in the UK from scratch - rolls of steel come in one door, and finished units go out the other. There are lots of firms that claim to "manufacture" in the UK, but actually they are just screwing together sub-assemblies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Capriz Monza 24 kW £379 plus Vat inc Flue and Mech Timer at Selco in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back