Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Can't Unscrew Kitchen Tap Cover in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Glosguy

See two photos.

TAPS VIEW.jpg IMMOVABLE SECTION.jpg
Hot tap on left keeps dripping, even a continuous flow sometimes. We've managed to get the top off and can see the ceramic cartridge inside, but we can't unscrew the next vertical body section (think it's called "the shield) to get at it. Amazingly, there's no indentations on the shield to allow a wrench to get a purchase, so it just slides about ineffectively and we can't get any further.

Can anyone advise please, how we might get the shield part freed and unscrewed to get at the cartridge?

As they are quarter turn taps unless you know the brand of taps or know you can match and source the right cartridge you may as well replace the whole tap.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies. Decided in the end to replace the taps.

tea towel and pump pliers, save wasting your money

rubber strap grips slip or just break and the wide jaw grips just dont, tried them both and gone back to the tea towel, if the cover is that tight the chrome is going to be damaged, taps need replacing

Last edited by a moderator:
tea towel and pump pliers, save wasting your money

rubber strap grips slip or just break and the wide jaw grips just dont, tried them both and gone back to the tea towel, if the cover is that tight the chrome is going to be damaged, taps need replacing

Ok thanks I won't buy them after all then. Tea towel it will have to be!

Last edited:
Tea towel it will have to be!

And now we get a long thread about what brand of tea-towel. Some will insist that you need a Marks and Spencer luxury Egyptian cotton tea-towel, whilst others swear by Asda own brand.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can't Unscrew Kitchen Tap Cover in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have attached an image of the brass body within a tap. Having replaced a cartridge which has cured a leaking tap, I can see that there is a...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock