Discuss cant get bracket back off toilet seat!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beesley121

Hi guys,

fitted a toilet yesterday, anyway, seat that came with toilet is a slightly new design, only ever fitted one other of these.

The brackets that go into the holes in the toilet are screwed down and the the toilet seat is just pushed onto the lugs and somehow it doesnt come back off

i think there mustbe some kind of circlip inside

anyway, ive managed to to fit it wrong but cant adjust the brackets as i cant get to the screws that hold them in cos i cant get the actual seat off the bracket. i hope someone understands what i mean!!

there was no instructions with the seat

please help

I think there will be a couple of buttons to press to release somewhere

As eco says, there should be a button on each side which release spring clips. Be careful when pulling them off and make sure the buttons are pushed fully in simultaneously. If you accidently dismantle the mechanism it's a nightmare to get back together.

thanx guys, all sorted now thanx to you

i am however a little embarrassed!!

i agree with paulus nothing to be embarrassed about. you'll know for next time what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to cant get bracket back off toilet seat!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock