Search the forum,

Discuss Can being tight cause blockages in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi all

friend of mine has asked me to go and look at his central heating as none of his downstairs rads are working except one on a drop from upstairs.

This guy is tight and I mean wouldn't p155 on you if you were burning tight and never EVER puts his heating on even when the kids are turning blue.

Would the fact the heating hasn't been on seriously in 9 months result in a load of sediment/magnatite collecting lower in the system?

i just want to try and formulate a plan before I get there. I hate dealing with his heating and always recommend that he circulates the heating for a bit every month but he always ignores me.

Cheers

matt

Best thing to do is turn off all but one of the upstairs rad that way water will be forced to the others,sounds like it could do with a poweflush.

That's what I thought. Cheers

TRVs, 3 port stuck or pump knackered
Is it a combi or conventional boiler?

Last edited:
Nah moving free mate, I got him to check that

Vertical drops on micro w h I r e no power flush going to fix that. Rads off with a hose. He can do it and save himself money ( and you the ballache) then fit a mag and lots of juice.

Drops are all 15 I've checked. Rads are all full that's the sickener just very little circulation

Pump then, just because it's spinning doesn't mean its any good.

Half agree. But only enough so that if it's right I'm ok and if he's wrong in still ok?

Ha love it. Upstairs is hot so I'm assuming some circulation is taking place

It was (hopefully still is) balanced

An answer he'll probably like. Price up a coat rack on the landing, that way his kids can put em on before going downstairs..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can being tight cause blockages in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock