Discuss c6 error code on 35cdi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

manx12

Have to go look at a boiler tomorrow with this error message; it is abit of a journey to get to the location... in the manuals it points to slow fan speed (possibly change fan).. is there anything else I can check or is it best to pick up a new fan? as a backup..
has anyone come across this error message? All helpful hints welcomed..

I would have a look first. Take cover off and run boiler, providing your gsr

Check wiring etc first. It may also be a board fault so will need to carry out all the relevant checks for power, resistance etc. Before settling on fan.

checked voltage by disconnected harness at fan and testing for 240v on the bottom 2 connectors . Got a reading of 240v spoke with Worcester and they told me it was a common fault on the 35cdi greenstar and if I am getting 240v at the connectors at the fan then it is the fan.
replaced fan (a bit envolved; disconnect gas pipework to bottom of fan unit remove clips; reassemble check for leaks and use your FGA to check the co ratio's are within MI limits.
All good and working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to c6 error code on 35cdi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock