Discuss building trade directory any good? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wilfelliott

has anyone had dealings with this company! sounds to good to be true. they say they only recomend one plumber/heating engneer in each area and you quote against no one else is this true?

if you were the customer would you accept a quote from only one plumber?.:confused::confused::confused:

same as trustatrader,ukcpa,rated people,my builder,etc,all you get is tradesmen compeating so the client gets the lowest price. not allways the best price or job.most are not worth bothering with.

It is a scam dont do it as David said they are all the same .....everyone competes too much on price you will end up doing your self out of any decent profits and it builds up resentment on the job.

The worst one of these is 'My Hammer' It is basically a public auction. Whatever you quote is posted online for the world to see, so the next 'tradesman' comes in lower still. It's supposed to get the best (lowest) price for the customer and of course you pay for the privilege of quoting (unless you have previously bought an expensive subscription) for the job as well. You even have to pay for contacting the customer!! to request information or arrange a visit. I think with the proliferation of these sites we have to consider a couple of things: 1. If work is scarce, is it worth using them? 2. If we use them, do we do a job according to the price we can charge (i.e. - you get what you pay for)? 3. Do we leave well alone and keep up standards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to building trade directory any good? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock