Discuss BSP male to Metric fine thread female in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi RPM, I managed to find something very nearly what I needed on eBay, a simple reducer with 1/2” BSP on the male side to a Metric M16 female. The only problem is it wasn’t fine enough thread to be M16x1 I.e. 1 thread per 1mm. I also found one with 1/2” BSP male to M16x1.5 female. So I am close, perhaps I can get something engineered. I still can’t believe that with all these taps flying around that they don’t exist aplenty.
The thing you seem to forget is that it didn`t come as a whole thing in a box did it plus you had the hole drilled in the bath for the tap postion. That is why these bushes do not exist aplenty as you put it.

Just to be clear Paul the OP has been very good in respect of the answers he has been given and his response.

As I keep saying the tap manufacturer will give you everything they believe you need they won’t take into account that it may not fit with the overflow. They won’t expect you to be buying parts to change it
Hi Riley, thanks for all your input. It was the high street shop that sold it to me with the overflow...which is what was frustrating. I contacted the manufacturer in the event they have parts that can convert from one pipe size and thread to another given they sell their products over here. Sorry for any confusion, and thanks again.

If I had access to a lathe I think I could do it, try any small engineering company. These kind of places probably wont have a webpage so you might have to drive around small industrial estates knocking on doors.
Apologies RPM I missed this reply from you earlier...great suggestion and many thanks. I have found a small nearby engineering company that I will approach tomorrow. Sincere thanks for your time and advice.

It’s difficult if you guys have drilled it wrong I don’t see what you can do. Common sense to me would have been for the seller to warn you. Dare we ask which high street store??

It’s difficult if you guys have drilled it wrong I don’t see what you can do. Common sense to me would have been for the seller to warn you. Dare we ask which high street store??

Just to be clear Paul the OP has been very good in respect of the answers he has been given and his response.
Thanks RPM. I am defo a novice and I recognise that. I know I may have not been overly clear or perhaps not aware of what is possible and what isn’t. I have found very little help elsewhere and hit a brick wall, which is why I came to you guys for any guidance or suggestions. Will let you know how I get on at the engineers.

Reply to BSP male to Metric fine thread female in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock