Currently reading:
british gas work good or bad

Discuss british gas work good or bad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vauxhall04

on the 11 of last month we had new boiler fitted by british gas all worked well for a month,the fitter put the condensation pipe into the wc waste pipe
and filled it with filler we didnot no this till we emptyed the bath one night and had water leaking down the wall from the joint call british gas back out to do repair it took them 7days to come out to do repair ,they put more filler on the joint and its still leaking,had a new fitter out and he has put a advice notice on the boiler saying the flue is not angled back correctly,but my pipe is still leaking ,any one no what i can do about this british gas dontwant to no,

Last edited by a moderator:
That's fair enough, and completely true. However BG win so much of their work by advertising themselves as the A team. With their wizzy adverts of people abseiling into the customers kitchen and shooting around in jet powered vans. They basically give people the impression that if you employ BG in your home, you will have a top trained engineer in your home. Little do they know they could have a subby who would do the very same work for half the price. Or someone who's still wet behind the ears but has a shiny van and a smart uniform.

I don't like the way they're out to squeeze out the small companies and the one man bands. AA have also jumped on the bandwagon....and people trust them because they know the "brand".

You've totally lost me with the "squeezing out the small companies" bit, British Gas are more expansive than you, they don't undercut you, do they? If customers choose to use British Gas rather than you, then who's fault is that? Of course British Gas are going to claim to be the best, why wouldn't they? If you went to price a job that Tamz had been to earlier and priced, wouldn't you want the job? Aren't all the other firms out there pricing jobs before or after you a competitor? If a customer asked you if you were good at what you do, would you say "yes but sometimes I cock it up" or would you say "yes I can assure you I will do a very good job".

Can I suggest you start a fresh topic in the arms off the open forum

That's second time you've asked , is it like saying bettle juice three times it comes true ?

It's just nice to see people with passion about their work. Hopefully Doodlebug will be able to get the op sorted.

If you went to price a job that Tamz had been to earlier and priced
He'd be wasting his time because i have some gift of the gab at selling myself and when i'm done they know i walk the walk.

The small guy is only as good as his last job. Mess it up and your kids starve :lol:

BG are the big boys , lots of money to advertise with .

Same thing happens in Electronics when you take on Panasonic its just Business !

( Don't be ashamed to support your employer ...
its usefull to know what they are up to ! )

A high percentage of installation work is carried out by contractors.
They are still operatives of British Gas and working on their behalf so that's no excuse.

It's obvious that the installer patched the condensate pipe connection with a sealant, more than likely silicone. A proper condensate tee connection to the waste is required and any installer that values their reputation and cares for their customer's property would have fitted one at the outset.

Doodlebug, it's admirable that you are wanting to address this complaint, but in my opinion, you should stick to your own back yard before a flood gate of customers complaints land on your doorstep via this forum.

Up here, Scottish Gas are not too bad, except for their heavy handed sales tactics for items that are not needing replaced.

LOL. No that was me.

I see what your doing now. Doing your own work, then when it goes bad, your say, 'I'm BG love' to the customer and run away.

Bg do nothing wrong, it's Danny working all over the country bodging things up, is this some kind of master plan

Why won't he make friends. Surely you you judge people by who they are and what they say rather than who employs them.

If someone came on here, or anywhere for that matter slagging of something personal to me, I would defend it all the way.

The thing is with BG is people will never change their opinion of them good or bad, so these threads, although highly interesting are pointless to a point.
and monotonously repetetive in an entertaining sort of way

They are still operatives of British Gas and working on their behalf so that's no excuse.

It's obvious that the installer patched the condensate pipe connection with a sealant, more than likely silicone. A proper condensate tee connection to the waste is required and any installer that values their reputation and cares for their customer's property would have fitted one at the outset.

Doodlebug, it's admirable that you are wanting to address this complaint, but in my opinion, you should stick to your own back yard before a flood gate of customers complaints land on your doorstep via this forum.

Up here, Scottish Gas are not too bad, except for their heavy handed sales tactics for items that are not needing replaced.

I will never defend poor workmanship, whether it was British Gas or not, but what I will say is, "it will be sorted".

By the way System3, I'm more than happy to deal with any customer complaints, as long as I'm given a work request number, that's all I need. I would never ask for customer details as that is confidential, but any job can be traced via a work request number.

Don't make me angry!
tu7uzesu.jpg

All comments aside it would be good for a report back from the op on the outcome of this.

By the way System3, I'm more than happy to deal with any customer complaints, as long as I'm given a work request number, that's all I need. I would never ask for customer details as that is confidential, but any job can be traced via a work request number.
Again that's admirable that you want to both help and defend your employer, but you shouldn't have to do this. So far your companies complaint procedure has failed dismally having taken 2 weeks for a return visit, that has still not rectified the problem. It's as if the OP's problem with his condensate was not deemed to be important enough.

Let me describe my customer service. I had surgery last Tuesday and was back at my customers bathroom installation the next day. That's the main difference between a small business and a large conglomerate like British Gas, the smaller business will always "push the boat out" to make sure his bread and butter business doesn't suffer through a bad reputation while BG being the size that they are can in many cases swallow up complaints without much damage to either their workflow or their reputation.

Unfortunately in the case of any business, it's easier to get a bad reputation than a good one. People love gossip and bad news creates that. That is why most small businesses cannot afford such a terrible customer service as the OP has received.

Hahahahaha, this thread was bound to happen. I'm just gutted I've missed the best bits!

Bet the OP is glad he paid well over the odds now. What a rip.

ok so i see peeps defending bg and blaming subbies.
so a customer had an issue with bg and contacted me to service their fire.i attended but was unable to complete service as closure plate was fixed behind a marble panel(serviced by bg for ten years prior to me)so was unable to inspect catchment space,she got her son to remove marble so as i could proceed with service and to my horror i found the chimney full up to the letter box opening,cleaned it all out complete with 6 dead birds,took photos and notified heard nothing.wonder why?1 mistake maybe 10 i dont think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to british gas work good or bad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back