Search the forum,

Discuss Bristan Mixer Shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQuigley67

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
can anyone tell me how to get into this mixer shower to remove cartridge ? I'm trying to find it on the net the closest one to it is the "bristan java" but this seems like a newer style to the one I'm on about and the diagrams seem easier to remove the cartridge...

also the cartridges the customer have supplied are all different sizes and I'm not quite sure which one if even one does work with this shower

I've been tryin to get in through the back with a Ratchet and socket but it is really tight even with some wd40 and its now chewing the brass nut !

Attachments

• 25022011051.jpg
    25022011051.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 25022011049.jpg
    25022011049.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 25022011050.jpg
    25022011050.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 19
easy peasy

Take that second handle off (just infront of your thumb in the 3rd picture)

should be ok from there or have you already got to that point?

having troubles takin the 2nd handle off, cant get it off lol usually there are screws etc but not this one its held on by the brass thing in the middle

yeah I had to use 2 screwdrives to take away the small part that was holding on the control knob.

seems to me that all rubber washers inside are intact, only thing that caught my eye was the white plastic washer at the top which seemed to me like it was too big, so I wrapped some ptfe around it and around the top rubber washer and hooked it up to my shower hose and all seems fine now...

did the same mistake with that brass nut a few weeks ago, it dosnt come off..

the white ring washer will make the shower valve leak if not seated correctly.

there are three rubber 'o' rings on the valve free of charge from bristan delivery is around 3 days.

thought I fixed it, stopped it from leaking but no thermostatic control, seems like they sent out the wrong part also so it aint over yet :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bristan Mixer Shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock