Discuss Boiler Toolkit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanios

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi fellas, as a beginner on service/ breakdown side of things I am wondering if my toolkit is missing some specilised tools for this kind of work. This is my tool kit at the moment:
Flue brushes 3 sizes, 2 soft brushes
Long reach pozi and flat screwdrivers
Spanner / grips /long nosed (same as what I use on other jobs)
Bahco socket set
tubs/hoses
manometer, flue gas analyser
vessel pump
use my big wetvac for vacuming cr@p inside the boiler
multimeter
silicone lube

So pretty generic, I find alot of the time my tools are too big to get inside the boiler to get on the nuts and bolts, circlips are a big pain in the arse they are really hard for me to take off and put on. I've spoken to few old timers and they suggested getting a flexible socket set adaptor and a universal socket. I was also wondering about ratchet spanners they would seem better and smaller than shoving my adjustable spanner into a worcester junior

Multimeter a good one ?

Don't rely on £10 stuff, not same, need good one, you'll never look back !

contortionist skills, incredibly bendy but strong hands, eyes that see around corners, a mind that can concentrate on all manner of technical issues whilst listening to the customer talk about their nightmare holiday or hammer toe problem, pencil, pen, marker pen, fuses 3 and 5 amp, head torch is good, stress ball, small moveable spanner, tap spanner ( handy in some tight boilers), rags, nitrile gloves, terminal screwdrivers, high temp grease, long nose pliers, calculator,

patience.

Sorry just thinkin out loud

Last edited:
A mag bowl keep all the screws safe

Got pretty much everything except the hair dryer lol
Would these be any good as a substitute for the adjustable spanner?
I was trying to get the dhw filter out on baxi duotec the other day hopelessly.

http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/forge-...es/6830c#product_additional_details_container

Last edited:
Dont know what they are called but the bendy bits of ally covered in plastic are ace , lost mine ages since .
Bend them under a pump when removing and countless other things

dont realy need them, i rarely use my spanners.
i use the hair dryer more for kick starting pcb's and re-flowing solder/or heat gun

I got one of these recently, was changing a graphite seal on a vaillant today an servicing it. Thought I'll use this.

Find them handy to check working pressures on their gas valves.

Anyway, was taking the 5 screws out to change seal, got the right socket head out an that's as far as I went.

Ended up using a pair of knipex instead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler Toolkit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock