Discuss Boiler Spares With Out The O Rings Or Seals Etc WHY? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SPH

One thing that really drives me up the wall is when i require a spare part for a boiler, you order these spare parts from your local stockist and they arrive without the required O rings, seals or gaskets why?
Why dont the manufacturers just put the required seals etc with the part you are replacing, come on these seals are only a couple of pence just put them in the box with the part so we can get the job done, without having the phone up the manufacturers all the time on hold for 30mins just to find out if i need to order seperate seals for this spare part becouse the local stockists never know what comes with the parts you orderd.:banghead:

Totally agree! This is a total oversight and doesn't cost much

I would'nt even mind paying that little extra just to know that i can change the part once ive order it and not have to say to the customer it cant be done today i need to order the seals, you then end up sometimes losing the job then you gotta try get a refund from your supplier,
I had to order a element for a oso unvented 250 direct cylinder i spoke to the manufacturer and got a part number they told me i will need the special box spanner too which i knew i would need, i asked if it come with a seal / gasket they informed me that it did so i order it from a well known supplier (you know the one) and if arrived rapped in cling foil and no seal the element could easy of been damage no protection, they order another one and it came the same what a waste of time.

Totally agree, if your changing a part then manufacturer's will know what seals you will need, its not hard. Let's face it boiler parts are so overly priced to begin with, its the least they could do. Also brief instructions could be put in there too,

i agree as well to be fair one of the only goods things i like about worcester is they give you new o rings etc baxi dont,ariston have just started giving 4 o rings with there plate heat exchangers

Funny enough a job i looked at saturday had a Isar in it and had a pcb in it the week before but fortunatly for them they had a boiler cover package

if they started giving out orange cased pcb,s as well i would be really impressed LOL

Along with a main heatexchanger that's the only thing Ideal do through o,rings in with..
Iv now heard as well that there doing BOGOF,s on V9 pcb,s (orange pcb)... LOL I fit that many they should..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler Spares With Out The O Rings Or Seals Etc WHY? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back