Search the forum,

Discuss blown out yesterday in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

went to do a quote for a builder renovating a 3 bed detached yesterday. first thing i didnt like was the 'theres no money in this job' coming from the first couple of sentences from him.lol

he had took the old boiler off himself and left an open end to the gas main for another!

any way, he wanted 7 new rads n valves, a powerflush (not chemical), 3m 22mm gas run upgrade, new boiler in new room with 2.5m horizontal flue, re pipe for boiler, 2 gas fires checking afterwards.

i told him i am not the cheapest but do a good job and it will be £850 exc rads boiler and fittings as he wants to supply them himself.

he told me he had 5 other quotes and was £100 more than the next highest.

the lowest he got that he is going with was for £500 as 'theres no money in it' lol.
& he wants it done by this friday!!.
how on earth does he do it for that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there's folk desperate for work?? Is the industry saturated and it's becoming a 'buyers' market? ABout the only thing I could think that drives prices is down is competition IMHO :)

Politely decline and walk away. I will not have another trade dictate to me how much I charge for a job! "No money in it"....Don't worry about that mate, I do this job as a hobby anyway!!!!

No money on the job,yeah right customer is paying top dollars I bet

Bang on there!

Builder is probably creaming as much out of customer as possible & is too tight to pass on any to other trades! And they call us tight!!

Only if hi is working there .... How is he able to so if he is not been granted permission as he is too expansive ?

Report the **** to Gas safe for working on gas and RIDDOR for the open end then wait for the job to go **** up and drive past larfing!!

I'd file it under a lucky escape, and move on to the next sounds like he would have been a pain to work for.

No Money in it! why bother calling me, phone when you have a job that does have "money in it" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to blown out yesterday in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was prosecuted after Hereford Trading Standards Team found that he was falsely claiming to be on the Gas Safe Register when he was not, putting members of the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock