Search the forum,

Discuss Blocked return?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick6588

Gas Engineer
Got called to a job as the WB conventional 30cdi was overheating and cutting out. Customer stated its been doing it on off at increasing frequency for about 2 months, a reset would sort it out. Now it won't run for more than 2minutes.
checked pump, pipes either side cold, pump burning hot, took off pump head and was rammed with debris and rusty lumps. I replaced entire pump.
problem the boiler now runs and will heat the hot water cylinder and two towel rads on primary circuit. Then cut out again after about 10minutes. If I turn heating on as well as hot water nothing heats up it just pipes until about 3m from hex.
Customer did say that they had personally dropped of 4 radiators for decoration purposes, I'm thinking maybe they dropped wallpaper or filler or something into empty rad then refitted it and pushed it into system.
Im thinking a power flush as it seems like a circulation fault? I don't have power flush equipment so use a friend as a subby who sorts it for me, do you think this is the way to go?
thanks Nick

or maybe just sludge i would try so cleaner in there first and see what the water comes out like

Im thinking a cleaner wouldn't get a chance to circulate if pump runs for a few minutes at a time, also it would mean leaving the boiler on to keep locking out every 2 minutes.

Im thinking a cleaner wouldn't get a chance to circulate if pump runs for a few minutes at a time, also it would mean leaving the boiler on to keep locking out every 2 minutes.

with a power flush it would/ override the pump

For me it would depend on access, certainly it's badly clogged so not sure a empty / draining would do much as it sounds badly clogged and the debris gonna need to be pushed out,

Check f n e tank make sure the lids properly on n tanks clear, ( if there is one and not been converted ).

I thought you meant just add a cleaner into system without power flush, sorry I mkisunderstood your answer shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Blocked return?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock