Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss blending valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

hi anyone with commercial tell me if i need to fit them to hot taps on basin and sink at a church hall. it has 2 kitchen sinks and 2 basins - just fitted an unvented ariston electric water heater and it gets quite hot.

ive heard theres somebody on here whos commercial? but his name just wont croppie into my head?? :)

i would think its a good idea to fit them imo.

don't know if you have to ant but to cover yourself in case someone scalds themselves, put one on heater outlet, or maybe put labels saying ' caution, very hot water '

Isn't this asked on a risk assessment, the sink, i presume you mean for washing pots etc, needs to be above 50 to kill germs and clean items properly, where the basin, as in hand wash needs to be assessed, do at risk people have access, do young children have access, unsupervised, in which case a Tmv needs to be fitted close to the outlet, that's how we go about hot water in churches, community areas etc.
sink also needs signs stating that the water is very hot.

Spot on Stani. Did a couple of jobs for an architect two years ago, a church and a community centre. Pot washing was labelled 'extremely hot water' etc and the basins had tmv's to prevent scalding.

Sinks should always be hot. Basins in care homes, schools and healthcare should be controlled by tmvs. Not sure about churches. Use common sense

Thermostatic Mixing Valves (TMV)

down the page is a selector chart to tell you when you have to install them and when it is advisable

And my best adivce is ALWAYS fit a TMV3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to blending valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock