Search the forum,

Discuss Beware of OLCI in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpsy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Having paid £2990 for my gas course in March I have had no dates for my course and now in the middle of June ! I was told I could do the course in Bristol...which I currently can't . They are still taking bookings for Bristol as a mate of mine has an advisor coming tomorrow....I put him straight about the situation and he doesn't want to proceed and is going to tell the advisor tomorrow.
I advise you to think hard before handing your money over after being lied to.
Dont say I didn't warn you!!!

i think olci is a sponsor on this site, why not contact them?
I have mate!! All I get is give us a ring next week and so on. I'm the customer they should be doing all the contact work ! I'm really peed off as I have wasted 3 months. Not what you would want/expect!

If they are then perhaps admin could suggest that they call the OP.
I've have already spoken to them. I have to request in writing and then there's a process in place before you get your money back. All to drag it out.

A Gas Safe rep gave me the number for trading standards today so will be calling them tomorrow over false advertising and my mate who has the meeting with them tomorrow is going to ring me. I would love to be at the meeting with him !

Ask for a full refund as they have sold you something with 'false promises'. . . .

Threaten to report them to trading standards or even better just hit them with a county court summons!

a counbty court summons for misrepresentation, if youre feeling brave fraudulent misrep! Bring it under the Misrepresentation Act 1967

Alana Fox OLCI.... Where are you now? Must be on holiday ;-)

Two sides to the coin with this one. OLCI are a sponsor and I have seen issues that Alana has sorted, fair play. The other side is issues like this, selling places that they turn around and say don't exist, yet continue to sell places. Sponsor or not, naughty, naughty. Hope you get your money back helpsy.

I want to know when I'm getting my money back. They allegedly tried to sell my mate a place today and an NVQ2 for £1500 that he has already paid for with his initial plumbing course !

An NVQ2 for £1500 that is!!!

Hi, Alana here from OLCI,

Just to confirm we shall be trying to call you tomorrow directly. I just wanted to provide some reassurance that we are working to arrange suitable course dates and will try to make this up to you.

Over the past few weeks we have experienced an unfortunate set of circumstances in Bristol that have caused delays in the release of some of our gas training dates.

One of these circumstances has been the delay caused by the move from our current training centre to the new centre which is taking place now.

We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience and disappointment and we will be back in touch tomorrow.

Best wishes, Alana

sounds familiar, but at least you now have a response, personally I feel you shouldnt have to complain on a forum for a response, sponsor or not customer service needs to be better, if I had a custards money for several months and did nothing about providing a product you can bet the bbc would be filmimg me idc.

I had no problems with them helpsy, got my gas done through them using the bristol and cardiff centres. The call centre can be a pain to deal with though, hang in there.

All due respect Alana but its not a FEW weeks its since the end of March! It's funny that since I've asked for my money back, OLCI have been chasing me to "hang on", then I get information dates through with Bristol centre all of a sudden removed....now there's a surprise! I doesn't matter as I have printed off all information prior to telling OLCI of my intentions. I will be taking this further!

I had no problems with them helpsy, got my gas done through them using the bristol and cardiff centres. The call centre can be a pain to deal with though, hang in there.
I did my 6129 with them unvented and water regs(which I did the first week of May and I'm still awaiting cert/card). I thought the training centres were good....but the clerical side is a waste of time( I hope they read this) . I have been more than patient...but there comes a time when you say enough is enough, after all I'M the customer. I just want to go with someone else now who can deliver on the deal.

Alana I hope your in touch with me tomorrow depositing my money back into my bank....that's all !

i was happy enough with the course when i did it too, sounds like they are trying to help anyway which is a good sign

good luck mate, hope you getit sorted. for the record the course worked alright for me.

i was thinking of giving these guys a go, i rang the number while talking and asking for information in relation to the course the advisor i wqas talking to was laughing! i went balistic spoke to the manager mandeep and got the situation sorted however after reading an article and this thread i admit iam not going to their school!

its hard to decide where to go but as long as you do your reseach you will get somewhere thats right for you. i think you will always find someone who isnt happy with any of these training places

Update

This issue has now been resolved and I have the dates for starting and I am looking forward to the course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Beware of OLCI in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock