Discuss Baxi HE 100 strange noise in combustion chamber in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Syty ... What was the gas rate/operating pressure? The link comes up as private, by-the-way! Bit more info please :)

If it Has the fibre burner it is probably shot.

I haven't heard it seen the video. But does it sound like a gun shot in start up.

Be careful with the burner. The fibre breaks really easy.

Boilers are also probe to electrode issues.
Flueways coking up.
Fans
Overgassing overtime

These are the faults I most see on these

Syty Yep link works! That is a weird noise :) .... I'd be wanting to hone it down to heat or mechanical initially ... I see the flame change but that may have something to do with the vibration produced? Check F&R temps and difference across boiler. I've heard similar noises produced by burners and it's down to the air gas mixture usually on initial purging. I'm assuming that you're GSR Syty, are you? Be aware that there's a limit to advice given here in open forum :)

actually this is room only for GSR members, so to write here proves that Iam one

Sozzzz mate your dead right :) My appologies, had me cautious glasses on and didn't realise we were here :) lol

Monitor the gas pressure p2, should stay at zero, thereabouts on a compensating valve! You could also monitor the inlet pressure for fluctuations too, mi's ask for min 18mbar! As well as checking the gas side you can monitor fga readings also! If it is over aerated/insufficient gas then you'd expect to see something strange going on there I believe :)

Check the combustion readings are spot on. Had similar Fart noise from Greenstar where ratio and CO were way off.

Sozzzz mate your dead right :) My appologies, had me cautious glasses on and didn't realise we were here :) lol

Monitor the gas pressure p2, should stay at zero, thereabouts on a compensating valve! You could also monitor the inlet pressure for fluctuations too, mi's ask for min 18mbar! As well as checking the gas side you can monitor fga readings also! If it is over aerated/insufficient gas then you'd expect to see something strange going on there I believe :)
no problem.
Iinlet pressure was fine I will be there Tomorrow to strip it down and check everything, so I will let you know.
thanx for replyies

Check the combustion readings are spot on. Had similar Fart noise from Greenstar where ratio and CO were way off.

Ive had that when putting new gas valve on the green star he, set the gas rate and air mix correctly as per manufacturers instructions sorted the problem!

Just watched the video, the ceiling seems damp around the flue, also seems a lot of water stains at the bottom of the boiler case.

Is the flue ok??

just looked at the vid and i agree with the lads wet combustion box and ceiling ,you need to check that flue out and the condensate set up the noise sounds like either too much air is in the co mix that comes back to a flue issue or condensate backing up into the burner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi HE 100 strange noise in combustion chamber in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock