Discuss Baxi Combi 130HE Air Starvation Problem on Stabilisation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

otsu76

Hi, Am having problem with a Baxi Combi 130HE making a godawful sucking vibration noise when on full burn. The ignition sequence fires, fan runs and flame is sensed, then when pump runs, valve opens and burner fires up, flame is retarded and blue and sounds like a train blowing its horn in a tunnel. That is until it is tested with the air box door removed, flame is healthy and no noise, is there an air intake somewhere on the flue or summat that could be blocked. Any help is greatly appreciated as the nights are getting colder and we cannot have the heating on. Thanks in advance.

Get a GSR in. You shouldn't be opening the combustion chamber, you don't know what you're doing.

YAWN - I did not open the COMBUSTION CHAMBER - Just took the AIRBOX cover off - and I have READ IT - which is why I am asking for USEFUL comments from here - maybe this is not the technical forum I was lead to believe it was as 'So why dont you read it?' Really helps!

Apologies, I didn't read your post properly.
Still, get a GSR in, this isn't the help people diy their boiler forum. If you want help with general plumbing problems i'll be happy to give advice but not gas appliances. Sorry.

Seriously?? Nobody has any idea what this might be??

FYI Being GSR does not make you all knowing in domestic boilers - especially when your line of work is natural and LPG commercial catering equipment!!

Seriously?? Nobody has any idea what this might be??

FYI Being GSR does not make you all knowing in domestic boilers - especially when your line of work is natural and LPG commercial catering equipment!!
yes but it does generally stop you killing someone stop being a smartarse and call in a gsr engineer or BAXI directly,the boiler you have is very prone to dangerous faults that of which a diyer has no chance of rectifying

[h=1]A forum for plumbers advice in the UK[/h]

Obviously as there was not a forum for combi-boiler advice just one for central heating which I incidentally am NOT having a problem with I presumed - wrongly so - that I could expect actual advice from people in the know from the general plumbing forum, I have instead been misread and insulted by people I can only assume have a relatively dull existance on their own little world of 'We pretend to know more than you' so we shall accuse you of not being GSR, of being a smartarse and potentially killing someone.

yes but it does generally stop you killing someone stop being a smartarse and call in a gsr engineer or BAXI directly,the boiler you have is very prone to dangerous faults that of which a diyer has no chance of rectifying

It is a shame that even you 'gas man - UK Plumbersforums Trusted Advisor. (self-appointed title?)' could not even respond with dignity and as you are top poster, top dog and overall plumbers forum legend then I suppose we should all learn from you - and yes I did get the irony of the 'smartarse' comment which obviously suggests you are smarter than you make out.

Had someone responded with something like - isolate your boiler, turn off the supply and call a domestic boiler company out immediately as your description of the fault sounds like it could be dangerous. - I would still have respect for the users of this so-called expert forum.

I apologise to the creators but due to your obviously tarnished vision of what a plumbing advice forum should be I will not be using this forum again in the future as it is neither informative or helpful as I am guessing was the original intention.

Was gonna soapbox about the little games on the site too but they speak for themselves really so my job is done - say-oh-nara.

UKPLUMBERSFORUMS - what a PIPEDREAM

i did give you good advice as i pointed out your boiler is prone to dangerous faults one of which is the boiler melting due to burner failure as your not gsr how can you expect anyone to give you advice unless its along the lines of

isolate your boiler, turn off the supply and call a domestic boiler company out immediately as your description of the fault sounds like it could be dangerous.

and it does,so why are you putting your life and your loved ones at risk by trying to get advice on here on how to repair it? and now you have taken the hump by being told as much,i doubt you know what a fga is let alone own one,this would be essential for working on your boiler
as the old saying goes you cant help everyone,you fall squarely in that category

I suspect I've got a similar problem, only with an HE100 Plus. It's pretty much guaranteed to make this noise later in the day when both the heating and hot water are on (I can hear when the resonating is just starting to build, before reaching a 'tipping point' when it starts properly -- like bassy microphone feedback!).

I've got an engineer coming round in a few days to look at it and give it a servicing, but I must admit, it would be nice to know what might be causing such a deep, loud resonating sound, if only to be able to confirm with the engineer what the cause might be. Like the original poster, I noticed it doesn't occur when the air box cover is removed (had an engineer round earlier in the week, though at the time we didn't consider the air intake). The vibration/resonance only became an issue after I had the diverter valve and actuator replaced.

Any ideas?

isolate your boiler, turn off the supply and call a domestic boiler company out immediately as your description of the fault sounds like it could be dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Combi 130HE Air Starvation Problem on Stabilisation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back