Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi 105e working OK but slow running scalding water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gaz3395

Hi all hope you can help me,
I've got a Baxi 105e which has been running great until lately.
The hot water started running really slow and the pressure started to constantly drop. With investigation I found it needed a new expantion vessel.
I fitted an external tank successfully but still have the problem of slow running hot water which is seriously red hot and takes ages to fill a bath.

central heating seems OK and switches to hot water OK when heating is on and a tap is run.
one more point don't know if its related but we don't get instant hot water any more.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
Gaz

Gaz it could be as simple as your main stop valve being virtually closed or the boiler isolation valve the same. Whatever it is it deffo sounds like a restricted flow. Do you live in a hard water area, had any work done on the mains in the area? Are your cold taps functioning normally?

Answering these may narrow down the possible cause for you :)

hi Steve thanks for the reply, yeah my cold water is really strong and the pressure is stable. no we don't live in a hard water sort of area. just noticed, I'm in Newcastle same as you.
the main stop valve is open OK the boiler seemed to be OK, the hot water was running pretty fast. up until about a month or so ago

If the water is ok on everything but the hot then there's a chance the filter may have been blocked with debris of some sort ... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi 105e working OK but slow running scalding water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock