Discuss Bath with gravity fed hot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

1976mjs

Dear (ladies?) and gents,

I'm due to help a friend install a new bathroom suite, and he has chosen a bath with tap holes on the long side of the bath, the side which sits against the far wall...My original thought for plumbing this ridiculous thing in was to buy some of those extra long flexible tap connectors - I planned to connect these to the taps first, then put the bath in place, and subsequently make the necessary connections under the bath afterwards....

However, it has occurred to me that he is currently having a gravity fed hot water set up installed, and the cold water tank will be in the storey immediately above the bath (ie approx. 2m above the taps) - I would normally plumb in such a system using full bore copper to ensure the best possible flow rate, but am thinking it might be a bit tricky given where the taps need to be on this bath (nb it is a shower bath, kind of an L shape, so I can't turn it round...)

Any ideas very gratefully received.

Cheers
Mike

plump two 22mm feeds to taps from front of bath, ie L shaped before you push the bath into the wall, then you work fm the front of the bath. you could also use the connectors that allow you to change taps without the need to work rm below Bristan Easyfit Taps - Bristan Bathroom Taps | NoLinkingToThis

Just put a 90 degree bend on two bits of 22mm so that they are long enough to connect onto the tap connectors and go under the bath and poke out the front, then you can push it back to the wall and connect up.

If you do this though dont move the pipes around to much as you might make the tap connectors come loose and leak.

i would use push fit tap cons and prefab the pipework before pushing back the push fits will eliminate the tap cons coming loose as they allow movement

Thanks Steve - this would be my preference, however, I thought that the pushfit tap cons were all reduced bore, which would mean the bath would fill very slowly, or am I mistaken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bath with gravity fed hot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock