Discuss Balancing problem! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

uktxl003

Hi,

I know this is a common problem, but the solution does not work. I have installed new radiators, and the last system gets hot for approximately 2hrs, and then starts cooling down. The bottom of the rad is the coolest, so i understood this to be a balancing issues. I turned all the lockshields off on the other rads, and let this rad heat up, and then worked my way through all the other rads, and turned the lockshield to a quarter turn each. Still the same problem, i dont think it needs flushing as it wouldnt get boiling hot in the first instance.

Could it be a faulty TRV?

new radiators so not sludged up, radiators are always colder at the bottom than the top!
gets hot for two hours then cools down - has the room reached the desired temperature??
not quite sure how to read your post, whats the problem??

ps- welcome to the forum.

new radiators so not sludged up, radiators are always colder at the bottom than the top!
gets hot for two hours then cools down - has the room reached the desired temperature??
not quite sure how to read your post, whats the problem??

ps- welcome to the forum.

hi,

thanks for your response, well the problem is the others room radiators are boiling hot. thats what i thought has the room reached the desired temperature? But it cools down and then when the rooms starts getting cold it doesnt heat up?

hi,

thanks for your response, well the problem is the others room radiators are boiling hot. thats what i thought has the room reached the desired temperature? But it cools down and then when the rooms starts getting cold it doesnt heat up?

If it's just the one radiator it sounds as if the TRV might be sticking - have you taken the head off and moved the pin up and down? If that doesn't make any difference, I would be inclined to try a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Balancing problem! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back