Discuss Avoid fecking tip in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Went to drop my old dears broken tumble dryer at the tip today as it won't fit in her little motor.

Got it there and there were police, environmental agency and VOSA doing checks on vans and waste carried. F-ing joke!!!

I literally had the dryer and a broken microwave on board so hardly commercial waste and I had to sit in a bloody queue whilst PC plod looks my van over for safety and VOSA check my mot and insurance. Then some idiot from the environmental agency tells me I need all sort of permits for carrying and storing scrap. I did say that I never bring my works waste here and this was personal stuff but jobsworth wasn't interested. Made me an hour and a half late for my next job.

It it was a trap to quote Star Wars once in you weren't allowed to leave however cars came and went quite freely.

While all this is going on two cars come in that look like death traps, one with no brake lights, the other with a tax disc clearly out of date in. But no let's victimise the poor bloody van drivers. It's a conspiracy I tell you and total waste of bloody taxes.

Rant over. Just please all be wary if you should visit your local recycling centre in your van.

I was stuck in census other day and it made me 50 odd mins late.

That sucks. Still, at least that's all traffic this just seemed a witch hunt

As this country has gone to the dogs (which it has long ago) then this is the kind of BS I expect, I wonder if that jobsworth needed a permit to have that tumble dryer removed from his arse??

No wonder people fly tip if you have to jump through so many red hoops to do the right thing.

Totally ridiculous about 20 of em in all just bimbling about doing not a lot.

I wouldn't have cared quite so much if it was a active audience for cars and vans.

I mean seriously, what's stopping me buying a beaten up old estate and using it to dump "commercial waste" at the tip.

I mean seriously, what's stopping me buying a beaten up old estate and using it to dump "commercial waste" at the tip.

Nothing, except if you do it too often, they will clock you, and start hassling again.

I wouldn't have cared quite so much if it was a active audience for cars and vans.

I bought one for my dad to use, £150 mondeo. He just tax and insures it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Avoid fecking tip in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock