Search the forum,

Discuss Avoid fecking tip in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Went to drop my old dears broken tumble dryer at the tip today as it won't fit in her little motor.

Got it there and there were police, environmental agency and VOSA doing checks on vans and waste carried. F-ing joke!!!

I literally had the dryer and a broken microwave on board so hardly commercial waste and I had to sit in a bloody queue whilst PC plod looks my van over for safety and VOSA check my mot and insurance. Then some idiot from the environmental agency tells me I need all sort of permits for carrying and storing scrap. I did say that I never bring my works waste here and this was personal stuff but jobsworth wasn't interested. Made me an hour and a half late for my next job.

It it was a trap to quote Star Wars once in you weren't allowed to leave however cars came and went quite freely.

While all this is going on two cars come in that look like death traps, one with no brake lights, the other with a tax disc clearly out of date in. But no let's victimise the poor bloody van drivers. It's a conspiracy I tell you and total waste of bloody taxes.

Rant over. Just please all be wary if you should visit your local recycling centre in your van.

I was stuck in census other day and it made me 50 odd mins late.

That sucks. Still, at least that's all traffic this just seemed a witch hunt

As this country has gone to the dogs (which it has long ago) then this is the kind of BS I expect, I wonder if that jobsworth needed a permit to have that tumble dryer removed from his arse??

No wonder people fly tip if you have to jump through so many red hoops to do the right thing.

Totally ridiculous about 20 of em in all just bimbling about doing not a lot.

I wouldn't have cared quite so much if it was a active audience for cars and vans.

I mean seriously, what's stopping me buying a beaten up old estate and using it to dump "commercial waste" at the tip.

I mean seriously, what's stopping me buying a beaten up old estate and using it to dump "commercial waste" at the tip.

Nothing, except if you do it too often, they will clock you, and start hassling again.

I wouldn't have cared quite so much if it was a active audience for cars and vans.

I bought one for my dad to use, ÂŁ150 mondeo. He just tax and insures it.

It was when the EA fella started telling me I needed an exemption certificate to hold scrap in my lock up I glazed over

It was when the EA fella started telling me I needed an exemption certificate to hold scrap in my lock up I glazed over

I sonder how he gets on telling that to the Eastern Europeans?

My dad bought a waste carriers licence which was ÂŁ100 and something plus extra for an extra card for another vehicle, i completely disagree with it as i said to him, the waste is coming from a private property, you then put it in a private vehicle and take it to another privately owned property, be it your own place or the scrap mans, it has nothing to do with anyone, letalone the enviroment agency what you have in your van.

My dad bought a waste carriers licence which was ÂŁ100 and something plus extra for an extra card for another vehicle, i completely disagree with it as i said to him, the waste is coming from a private property, you then put it in a private vehicle and take it to another privately owned property, be it your own place or the scrap mans, it has nothing to do with anyone, letalone the enviroment agency what you have in your van.
Totally agree mate. Sounds like they're clamping down on it in my area. Fly tipping here we come :smile:

Just paid ÂŁ120 to remove about 20 duotec boxes full of carp and about 50 elson boxes. Filled the blokes lwb transit tipper! With greedy boards obviously

I would reluctantly pay if it was even commercial waste but it wasn't

Or as said, another vehicle, i know a electrician who took out a load of storage heaters,
he made many trips from the job back home, putting them in his little 4 track, then to the tip. lol

It is ridiculous that people should have to go to these lengths though

Why didn't you just leave it outside ? Pikeys woulda taken it in no time surely! Everytime I've got something like that I leave it outside and it never lasts long

We are planning a u tube trick on pikies. We are going to fix an elson tank to the kerb with 150mm anchors and A 5mm plate through base. Film it on u tube and possibly attack them as the try and remove it.

We are planning a u tube trick on pikies. We are going to fix an elson tank to the kerb with 150mm anchors and A 5mm plate through base. Film it on u tube and possibly attack them as the try and remove it.

Theyll have the anchors and the anchor plate before you put your blow lamp down.

Pikeys have feelings too you know!!!!

I chased three of them once idiot closed the window of his van as that was going to stop me from kicking seven shades of ****e out of him for taking my loot. Was holding a spike out of a windy pick . Was a rather stupid thing to do but scruffy twits paped themselves . Driver was apologetic , little runt pipes up ran round to his side of van ready to drag him out of seat and my very handy workmate pops out. In hindsight should have taken every ounce of metallic material off their van!

Last edited by a moderator:
Theyll have the anchors and the anchor plate before you put your blow lamp down.

No the wouldn't three of us planning to hide in back of sprinter poised and ready to go pikie bashing!

Sorry I'm not a thug or some meat head who's always looking for trouble but 3 types of people boil my wizz.

Scrap men

Smokers who flick tabs out of window ( I have trouble controlling my rage at this one )

Dog owners who don't pick up.

Sorry I'm not a thug or some meat head who's always looking for trouble but 3 types of people boil my wizz.

Scrap men

Smokers who flick tabs out of window ( I have trouble controlling my rage at this one )

Dog owners who don't pick up.

Mine are cyclists, old people who drive with hats on and pillows on the rear parcel shelf and pikeys.

Last edited:
I forgot 4th landlords who only speak English when it suits ..... Become strangely religious on a Friday - as they are due to pay but are at mosque. Or are unable to discuss money on sabbath. (don't fast and get drunk and smoke eat pork and steal!)

I love nobs with hard hat a high viz on parcel shelf. Mine lived in boot or on floor.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the business park where all the merchants are in gillinghqm there's a tip opposite a commercial mot centre vosa were there once a week pulling people in and by people I mean vans also the link road for the m2 runs parallel with it so first thing in the morning that can have a back log of 2 hours worth of vans being searched then PC plod on his motor bike sits on the roundabout waiting for vans to come down the link road and pulls them in too. There is also a weigh bridge at the site

it's actually funny watching all the flat bed drivers white as a sheet as their van goes on the scales.

To to give you an idea of how many vans they can pull in here is a list of the business park off my head.

priority electrical
gibbs and dandy
cef
alpine tool hire
crown paints
leyland paints
hps
travis smerkings
brewers
scum center
tool station
poo fix
drakes
talon
williams and co
srf electrical
parcel force
royal mail
howdens
wozair
edmunsons
virgin media/Kelly group
pts
tps
hermes
APC
B & Q
benchmarx
jewsons
C & A plastics
hire station.

it only needs a few vans visiting each of them first thing and that place is heaving! But what can you do if your difficult with them they make your day hell so all you can do is be polite smile and say thank you! Really grips my ......

You seen the chain they put throgh wheels and chassis to stop them moving, big green loop of horror. Did repairs at VOSA site just off a1 better than tv!

easy tip to save hours of having your van gone over. whilst your sitting waiting, hop in the back and curl one down in your bucket and for flavour have a nice slash to leave it sloppy, then leave it in the side door, hopefully it will fall out as the door opens :) EA man wont like finding that there or in his lap if your lucky

easy tip to save hours of having your van gone over. whilst your sitting waiting, hop in the back and curl one down in your bucket and for flavour have a nice slash to leave it sloppy, then leave it in the side door, hopefully it will fall out as the door opens :) EA man wont like finding that there or in his lap if your lucky
just remember a normal waste licence wont cover you for carrying human excrement as its classed as hazardous waste and youll get another fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Avoid fecking tip in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock