Discuss ariston aco 27 mffi service in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gr fto reborn

hi guys, I have been gas safe for nearly 1 year now but only just really dipping my toes into servicing and repair work. I have serviced a few boilers now and generally just sitting down and reading the MI has pretty much shed light on the whole processes for me. (plus I had been shadowing my old boss from time to time)
but this aco 27 MI doesn't seem to help. I got a service booked for the end of the week. I know I'm looking at visual Inspection, flue check etc etc. Its the cleaning, do I remove the combustion chamber housing? Check and have a little clean in there? Will I need a new seal? ( I feel it will be a good Idea to get one anyway.) does the burner require cleaning on these or is an inspection ok? ( not sure what type of material the burner has on it as I know some can be fragile.) then bolt her back up get out the FGA. Gas rate etc etc make sure all is safe and out the door.
am I right?

the aco is easy to service,it has a ali hex you dismantle the boiler in the normal way no gaskets to replace,check the isulation panels as they break up,also the flexiblew condensate pipes prone to blocking so clean that and the trap,you will need a fga to check its final reading

sounds good to me. Thanks for the advice? I just read a note on the MI about taking off the cover to the combustion chamber and I hate not being fully prepared when go to a job which is why I was thinking of the seals.

my testo FGA is all calibrated and ready to rock. I love that bit of kit!

Spark/detection electrodes need replacing every couple of years and seals should be replaced as a given as you risk melting the fan otherwise, also don't put any silicone on the seal untill you have positioned it or you could spend longer than I care to admit pushing one corner down as the other pops up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ariston aco 27 mffi service in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back