Discuss Anybody used local radio for advertising? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millsy 82

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just wondered what it was like. I've gone a bit slow again and the boredom is killing me.

I'm kind of guessing it will be expensive but if it works then it may be worth the investment.

Having only started in May though means money is still a bit tight so don't want to just go in gun-ho.

Think this came up last year, have a search around.

I think simonG did and I don't think it worked all that well. He'll be on here later having a moan I'm sure!

Don`t think title was radio, you tried "Getting work" More work. Advertising for work.

One of the local plumbers round where I live used to do when needing work ( two man company)
he said that he got loads from it. I think it used to be around £200 a week for basic advertising, plus the cost of the ad.

I tried it once, waste of time in my opinion I never had a customer say that was where they had heard of me from and I never even heard the ad it's self, me personally listen to the local radio as little as often it's like ground hog day. Try the paper or those local mags about £25 a month.

Last edited:
I think simonG did and I don't think it worked all that well. He'll be on here later having a moan I'm sure!

Cant beat a good moan, but its all about the technique, anyway I digress.

I had no luck with the loxal radio. Ran an ad for a month and had zero calls.

I costed up advertising at petrol pumps on top of the filling handle. £1060.00 plus vat for 4 weeks which i thought was a tad pricy for. Morrisons and sainsburies petrol station local to me.

I costed up advertising at petrol pumps on top of the filling handle. £1060.00 plus vat for 4 weeks which i thought was a tad pricy for. Morrisons and sainsburies petrol station local to me.

Good idea but yeah a little high in price!!

i like the idea of it but instantly put off by the price. essentially i think it does have potential but now know why only big companies advertise on them. its a shame because i think it has legs. but gonna see if a boiler manufacturer will help out so not dead in the water just yet.

Well today after a bit of thinking I have phoned the local radio station and they sent through the offer they have on at the moment, bearing in mind they have a half price offer on and it is £1995 for 4 weeks not sure if that is including vat but it comes with a free commercial. When I saw that I almost choked even if it was worth it I wouldn't pay the usual £5041 as that's stupid for a month!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anybody used local radio for advertising? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back