Discuss Any Ideas welcome Angle drill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steveafoss

I need to drill 4omm holes in some joists that are only 12" apart i have tried 2 of those angle drill attachments (from screwfix) both only managed a couple of holes before breaking any advice welcome. PS Money tight at moment as only just starting working for myself.

Steve

Reply yes it is waste, the pipe to run in a studied wall the customer spent several thousand on new bathroom suite and doesn't want to be able to see any pipework.

you can drill holes in joists upto 1/4 of total depth of joist, aslong as you are within the drilling zone of the joist which is 25 to 40% of the length/span from wall to wall.(load bearing points)

Drilling holes that size (even when it passes the rules above) has to be a last resort....be careful. You could end up with a bouncy floor.

Hi yes was Ebay Just like to say all on ebay is not nicked, I sell alot on there myself Not Nicked.

Sorry, wasn't implying you were dodgy Steve but with a site as huge as Ebay there are always going to be a few criminals. A friend of mine was recently done for 4k on an Ebay scam not to mention the thousands of stolen items sold on there every week.

I've bought loads of honest tools of ebay - from honest sellers. Just use common sense when talking to the seller.

Anyway - Angle drills. An electrician friend use 2 types. I've drilled many holes with them both. A Metabo angle drill. Does the job, very high torque but no clutch. Takes your hands off if you let go. I hate it. Then he bought a Metabo BE622 drill with the angle attachment. Extreme Torque with a clutch. This thing is a dream to drill holes with. It has so much power - and never ever grabs. Highly recommend it.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Any Ideas welcome Angle drill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back