Discuss Any Broag boffins? Remeha Quinta 65 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbob

Gas Engineer
Today was my first time working on one of these and took a while to get my head around. Problem - no demand but no fault code.

I tested all external circuits and there's call, even linked the controls through, getting a 24v ac circuit ok. The ext safety stat connections are ok too. Try to ramp the button by pressing the arrow and plus as described but flashes with 'H' then it quickly reverts to '0' (no demand)

Manufacturers instructions are poor IMO, no function diagram to show the firing order.

Anybody familiar with these? Am I missing any internal resettable stats etc. Currently I'm thinking control box, but will check through with Broag on Monday.

you could get the guy i had once, told him the manual was a load of rubbish, then he informed me he wrote it!!!!! wet myself laughing, and got the answer I wanted fm someone else as he wouldnt talk to me :)

Ha, I will no doubt get him then and drop my foot in it.

It's not just the manual that's rubbish, the controls are overly complicated considering a its a heat only boiler.

Don't know the boiler but if it's in standby/no demand and is a heat only boiler I'm thinking external controls ... Are you getting the required supply on the switched live into the boiler?

Yeah I linked control out. Still wouldn't fire, fan just runs on low rpm with no fault code.

There is a separate relay board inside the boiler so I think the fault lies there

Yeah I linked control out. Still wouldn't fire, fan just runs on low rpm with no fault code.

There is a separate relay board inside the boiler so I think the fault lies there

I take it you've checked that the external pump and diverters are working but the boiler isn't firing yeh? Reason I ask is because if the pump isn't running the boiler may have a flow switch internally that needs to detect flow before it'll allow the boiler to light? Just a thought... :)

It's linedk through a header and the pump is working. Also it doesn't have a pump proving switch.

Went back today and it actually showed a fault - fan fault. But when reset it fired right up. It could be the fan, or it could of been having a very long moment.

Check resistance on flow thermistor. Have had a few of them go with no demand showing up.Have also had a couple of fans go but they went completely with no intermittent fault.

Cool thanks, it's still running ok so just a waiting game I reckon, bound to go again. I did test both thermistors and they were both reading ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Any Broag boffins? Remeha Quinta 65 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I called to a job this morning. A customer had 2 remeha quinta 65's broken down with separate faults. The first had very low ionisation electrode...
Replies
Views
Billy Bob Bob
B
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock