Discuss Air lock on open vented system help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

81ll

Gas Engineer
Hi

Can someone advise how I can clear an airlock on an open vented sys.

There is a drain point on the flow & return which i have opened and water comes out but there is no circulation.

Also bleed the bleed valves on the DHW pipe near the cylinder & one on the heating near the boiler.

what have you done?

Vented all the air from the system

Opens the vent at the pump, what would you suggest I do

no sorry what work you done that required you to drain down?

and normally back filling sorts it

The boiler was replaced

Will back filling still work when water is coming out if the of the drain points on flow & return

Yes. Close one of the drainoffs, fill from the other one, make sure someone is watching the F & E - mains will fill it faster than the overflow will get rid. Not that I've ever made that mistake, oh no! :D

On old open vented systems,after refill and you are having problems with circulation ,you are often better leaving to run over night ,rather than running around like a headless chicken,you can back fill with mains pressure of course and turning the pump round also can work wonders...

You could connect drain off , with hose to mains pressure cold water tap, open and give it a blast. But only for a second, your F&E tank is small and will quickly overflow. Are you certain you have air lock not blockage at fill pipe tee.

Hot wire the pump to get it circulating, then try shutting down all rads except the one furthest from the pump. It can help if you have an idea of the layout of the main pipe work.

Hot wiring pump. Jumper to live in wiring centre. Will invariably fire up boiler. Make sure motorized valves are manually set open and pump doesn't run dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Air lock on open vented system help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock