Discuss Advice on Dripping Extractor Fan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LennyC

Can anyone offer any advice? I had a bathroom refitted a couple of months ago. The fitter cut the soil stack vent and fitted an air admittance valve. He then moved the extractor fan, fitting it to the soil stack hole in the ceiling. Now the extractor fan drips constantly when the shower is running. I've contacted the fitter who says:

Re: fan, the condensation or/and the lack of a cowl on the top of the vent stack suggests that the problem you have is not a direct result from anything I did but an unforeseen issue.

Can anyone advise if this issue could have been foreseen? And what i need to do to resolve?

Thanks,
Len

Extractor goes through ceiling then roof where vent was ? Where does the vent for extractor go ?

I read it as the stack has been cut and shortened with an AAV added and the remaining stack that went through the roof now has a fan in it in the ceiling.

Therefore vertical vent, no cowl on top, condensation forming in the old stack pipe on the way up to the roof.

And the bathroom fitter thinks it's nothing he's done, that's correct.
It's as a result of something he should have done and hasn't.

Yes, remaining stack has fan attached, pipe stack goes through attic to outside roof. Do you think this issue should have been foreseen?

If the fitter claimed to be a professional in the field of bathroom installation. Or he was part p certified to carry out electrical works in special areas ie bathrooms then YES completely foreseeable. But a bodge is quicker and cheaper so if you got what seemed like a great price, now you know why.

Last edited:
If it's dripping (condensation) then it is NOT fitted in compliance with the building regs - is he a member of a CPS for ventallition?

If not then has ne notified building control?

NOTE: EVEN REPLACEMENT fans are subject to CURRENT Building Regs.

Get him back to fix his no-compliant work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice on Dripping Extractor Fan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back