Search the forum,

Discuss ACS questions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

macplumb

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Iv noticed a few people asking for acs questions lately, Why not post our own questions and keep every day a learning day. We all have to do these exams at the end of the day it could come as a good refresher.
Mac

Question: how many m3 of free air wold a o/f
20kw gross bbu with a 8kw gross fire need.

No need to respond to answer unless u really want

none!.

its switched off.lol

or do you mean per hour.

OOPS

Last edited by a moderator:
Iv noticed a few people asking for acs questions lately, Why not post our own questions and keep every day a learning day. We all have to do these exams at the end of the day it could come as a good refresher.
Mac

you need to ask us a "good clear question" to allow us to answer it,

Sorry.

How much free air would a 20kw gross back boiler, with a 8kw gross fire need

Sorry.

How much free air would a 20kw gross back boiler, with a 8kw gross fire need

what is the total ventilation requirement if the above boiler was fitted inside a compartment vented to the room

High level 20+8/1.11*10cm2= 252.25cm2
Low level 20+8/1.11*20cm2= 504.5cm2

Good job u spotted the deliberate mistake. :)
You are on the ball.

Not really I didn't rtfq properly I just rushed ahead.
But please drop in a question.

You are on the ball.

You are on the ball.

You are on the ball.

well answer MY questionn then, and remember this is your second go!!! so you BETTER get it right this time haha

what paperwork MUST you complete to advise someone of a NCS on a job?

Warning/ advice notice section 5.

NOPE, i asked what paperwork MUST you complete, and the answer is none, it isnt mandatory to complete paperwork for NCS, this is gonna be fun!!
PS you still havent answered the ventilation question

how do you classify an open flued appliance where the FGA reading (taken from the correct place) shows a reading too high to be considered safe although a spillage test is a pass

No doubt this is a trick question, but I'll give it a go ...

If as you say FGA reading was taken from the appropriate place, then I would classify it as AR if a service was unable to rectify readings.

No doubt this is a trick question, but I'll give it a go ...

If as you say FGA reading was taken from the appropriate place, then I would classify it as AR if a service was unable to rectify readings.

what are you trying to say!!!!!!
no trick question, AR is correct, cause of the high reading some say ID but the dodgy POC's are going outside so it is only AR

Oh, crikey! If only all the questions were that easy ... :)

What am I trying to say?? You pose questions that make us think! ;)

Oh, crikey! If only all the questions were that easy ... :)

What am I trying to say?? You pose questions that make us think! ;)

most of the questions are easy because by the time you get to the end of your training you should know all the answers, however what beats most candidates is a lck of confidence in their own ability, a natural thing i suppose, sometimes you just need to go for glory and answer what you think/know it is
if this is an easy Q then that sounds like a challenge to find a stinker, i will see what i can do

Did you jinx me, Kirk? Had to shut off one today for excessive CO readings -- .02 on a R/S boiler.

Which of the following is the minimum concentration of carbon monoxide within the air that will cause occupants to fall victim to coma within a few minutes:
a. 0.05%
b. 0.4%
c. 0.8%
d. 1.0%

Which of the Gas Safety Regulations compels the operative to use a temporary continuiuty bond where necessary?
a. Regulation 5
b. Regulation 10
c. Regulation 18
d. Regulation 26

When testing a new installation with air prior to the installation of a gas supply, it is not necessary to allow 1 minute for stabilisation.
a. True
b. False

The permissable leakage rate for a new gas installation is:
a. 0mb
b. 1mb
c. 2mb
d. 4mb

a. 0mb
b. 1mb
c. 2mb
d. 4mb

you will need to find easier questions captain, they aint takin you up on these ones!!!!!!!!!!
PS cant remember the CO concentration one off the top of my head so thats a good one

Was asked to put some up, so thought I'd try!!! Obviously should have tried harder. Lol

oil av a go

Which of the following is the minimum concentration of carbon monoxide within the air that will cause occupants to fall victim to coma within a few minutes:
a. 0.05%
b. 0.4%
c. 0.8%
d. 1.0%

trick question?. 0.32%/3200ppm

Which of the Gas Safety Regulations compels the operative to use a temporary continuiuty bond where necessary?
a. Regulation 5
b. Regulation 10
c. Regulation 18
d. Regulation 26

b, reg 10

When testing a new installation with air prior to the installation of a gas supply, it is not necessary to allow 1 minute for stabilisation.
a. True
b. False

b, false
a. 0mb
b. 1mb
c. 2mb
d. 4mb

a,0mb

I'd have given it a go, but didn't want to answer them all and let others have a chance.

Got to admit the CO one is a tad confusing. I reckon it's 0.8% if you are expecting unconsciousness with in minutes.

acs questions are difficult enough, all i can say is, it's a good job some of you aren't setting the real questions, i'd still be there!! Normally those that ask 'trick' questions are .........................!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well, make your own conclusions here!

acs questions are difficult enough, all i can say is, it's a good job some of you aren't setting the real questions, i'd still be there!! Normally those that ask 'trick' questions are .........................!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well, make your own conclusions here!

thats the whole point about the "real" questions, there aren't any trick questions its the way you are reading them, the above questions are real but when you answer them in the house or during training there isnt any pressure but when you are sitting an assessment your eyes change the words

Yes, do understand, just having a bit of fun!! Obviously it's the old 'Frank Carson' phrase; "it's the way oi tell'em"
So i suppose if i show you a photo of some fantastic pipework under a combi boiler, all parallel, plumb, level, neat, nice bends, clean, no snots, polished etc, you would say.... "that looks good, must have been a real pro job" and then i say.. yeah, but he's mixed up the flow and returns!!
Not a 'trick' though?

Mac

Lets look at this from a different angle. Talking about m3 air.

28kW total will burn approx 3m3 gas per hour. We require 10m3 of air per 1m3 of gas to achieve complet combustion and assist the flue. Therfore we require 30m3 of air per hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ACS questions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock